Post-Game Talk: Michael Hutchinsons 2 - Chad Johnsons 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
I'd rather take a gamble that a guy like Greiss could handle the load and put up respectable numbers over more games.

Go in with Hutch and Greiss, play the hot hand. At the very very least we get Pavelec numbers... but likely better... and a lot cheaper

Someone said Chad Johnson from the B's was a free agent, im too lazy to check capgeek, he has good numbers and kept boston in there tonight. Could be another guy ready for some more minutes

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The Jets beat 26 of the 29 other teams this season -- missing only Washington, Ottawa and Pittsburgh. Only Ottawa and Pittsburgh swept them, while they swept Phoenix, Toronto, Detroit and New Jersey.

Being -12 in goal differential and only 1 game above ".500" is completely anomalous in this year's NHL ... other teams in that goal differential range, or worse, are

Detroit (-10, 11 games above .500)
Ottawa (-31, 4 games above .500)
Toronto (-24, 3 games above .500)
Washington (-8, 7 games above .500)
New Jersey (-11, 5 games above . 500)
Nashville (-32, 4 games above .500)
Phoenix (-15, 7 games above .500)
Vancouver (-26, 2 games above .500)

I don't quite know what that means, but I think it suggests what my eyes tell me, that the Jets were significantly better than their record. Whether their record was the product of bad luck or a reflection of an inability to put games away is another matter.

I'm just throw'in it out there but there could be a slight chance that the Jets were the victim of a well below average starting goalie.;)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'd rather take a gamble that a guy like Greiss could handle the load and put up respectable numbers over more games.

Go in with Hutch and Greiss, play the hot hand. At the very very least we get Pavelec numbers... but likely better... and a lot cheaper

Someone said Chad Johnson from the B's was a free agent, im too lazy to check capgeek, he has good numbers and kept boston in there tonight. Could be another guy ready for some more minutes

We have two guys ready for more minutes right here right now. But honestly I'd be more comfortable with a Greiss or Holtby / Hutch combo. Sorry Monty, you've done real well this year, but still be more comfy with a true #1 from FA

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets-2-Bruins-1-in-SO-300x200.jpg

Game recaps, post-game audio, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

For above click here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
also, while it is great to see Hutch having a very solid game against a very solid team, a sample size of 2 or 3 isn't enough to convince me he should be the starter here. that indeed is aiming quite low if our goal is to make the playoffs next year. you're basically tossing **** to the wall and hoping one can stick.

didn't Montoya's #s crash once he replaced Pavs during that brief stretch?

you can assume that, while hockey is an athletic game blah blah blah, the Bruins had little scouting reports on him. once there's a book on a goalie, the results differ.

I'm happy to have Hutch as the back-up or plan b next year. he better not be plan a. huge gamble from a team that can no longer afford to gamble.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Brian Munz on being asked if he thinks Hutch gets the start tonight:

"Yep, I think so. I mean we've seen what Pavelec can do..."

Only in Brian's world, he means that in a positive way. :facepalm:

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I really do feel like we are seeing the end of the Pavelec days. If Hutch starts again tomorrow I will be convinced.

Its an amazing feeling.

Agreed... a good feeling. Kind of like the feeling you get after you've pushed past a bad case of constipation... curled up on the floor in a fetal position, in pain but with hope for better things to come.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
One thing to keep in mind with regards to Pavelec is that this is the final season the Jets can compliance buyout Pavelec (as in last year they can buy him out and have him count nothing against the cap). That fact, IMO, makes it really important for them to make their determination on him this off-season. If he is back next year we are looking at at least 2 more seasons of Pavelec in net (until he is one year away from end of contract when he is way easier to move).

Fact is we have two player we REALLY should buyout in Pavelec and Clitsome (who is not eligible for a compliance buyout but his 533K for 2 years, 767K for 2 years caphit is not hugely limiting). Management has opened their pocket books to re-sign their key guys, let's see if they are willing to do the same to help improve the team.

I really liked Clitsome's game the previous year. Hoping that his horrific playing at the beginning of this season was related to his back injury and that he can return to his earlier form. Doubt very much that a buyout of Clity is even being contemplated.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Agreed... a good feeling. Kind of like the feeling you get after you've pushed past a bad case of constipation... curled up on the floor in a fetal position, in pain but with hope for better things to come.

"One leaves them behind like one leaves excreta. We feel SO relieved!" - Freddie Mercury.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Very nice effort from pretty much the whole team tonight.

Hutch was very solid, and it seems like the team really wanted to win for him. Loved seeing the team mob him at the end, and it looked like genuine emotion.

It would be tough for a Hutch / X combo to be worse than having Pavs next season, but I think the Jets are also going to use the AHL playoffs as Hutch's final test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad