Michael Hage or Cole Eiserman

DarthMaster09

May 16, 2022
As a big Montreal Canadiens fan, I'm extremely disappointed that Montreal missed Eiserman by only 1 pick. Hage will be a bottom 6 center at best while Eiserman is the next Mike Bossy x10. Eiserman is the steal of the draft and can score over 80 goals in the NHL in his prime. He will one day be the best pure goal scorer in the NHL and possibly of all time. Who cares if he's only 1 dimensional, Montreal needed a top 6 left wing goal scorer much better than Caufield. Their top 6 would of been:

Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky
Eiserman Dach Demidov

Best top 6 in the NHL for sure.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I like the Hage pick, but Eiserman has such high upside that I would've loved a gamble on him instead.

DarthMaster09

May 16, 2022
I like the Hage pick, but Eiserman has such high upside that I would've loved a gamble on him instead.
There was no way Montreal could of got Eiserman unless they traded for a pick before the New York Islanders pick which didn't happen. If both Hage and Eiserman were available, would Montreal still pick Hage and pass on Eiserman?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
There was no way Montreal could of got Eiserman unless they traded for a pick before the New York Islanders pick which didn't happen. If both Hage and Eiserman were available, would Montreal still pick Hage and pass on Eiserman?
I know that. I'm saying that if I had the choice, it would've been Eiserman.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Eiserman is the next Mike Bossy x10. Eiserman is the steal of the draft and can score over 80 goals in the NHL in his prime.
1722332065616.png

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I would've been happy for Eiserman if he was available. He wasn't so we can speculate all day. I think Eiserman ceiling is higher but Hage's chances of succes are higher. Hage is also a center, which we didn't have a ton of (quality top 6 potential) in the system. Guys like Beck, Kapanen, etc are more suited for the bottom 6 imo.

Having just picked a winger in Demidov, I'm perfectly fine with Hage, and would I've preferred him from a Habs pov.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
As a big Montreal Canadiens fan, I'm extremely disappointed that Montreal missed Eiserman by only 1 pick. Hage will be a bottom 6 center at best while Eiserman is the next Mike Bossy x10. Eiserman is the steal of the draft and can score over 80 goals in the NHL in his prime. He will one day be the best pure goal scorer in the NHL and possibly of all time. Who cares if he's only 1 dimensional, Montreal needed a top 6 left wing goal scorer much better than Caufield. Their top 6 would of been:

Eiserman Dach Demidov

When you say Eiserman is next Bossy, but really mean Wahlstrom, than I agree 100%.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Eiserman. I would have drafted him for sure if I picked right around where he went. He’s a boom or bust pick though where Hage is a safer bet with a lower ceiling.

Reactions: OKR

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Eiserman Dach Demidov

That's enough Internet for you today

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think the team you end up with plays a lot in the development, Hage needs more time than Eiserman and he is in the perfect plan for him as he dont need to develop quick since we have a lot of prospects in the pipeline. Also, I am really not sold on Eiserman, highly touted prospects that falls draft day, there is usually a reason. 80 goals per season ? That stuff you got is really good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad