Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
expected him around the 15-18, didn't think we could get him at 26 but with the trade for the 21st we actually made this possible.

Kid is a gamer.
Amazing deal in retrospective
Ya he was never gonna make it to that 26 range so never really thought about him as a target, but makes complete sense now.

Love the talent up front we’ve added tonight.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I should have a ton of his games next year since I can get every home game in the Big Ten. Michigan could be in tough as losing 4 of their top 6 scorers, their starting goalie and their blueline took a hit. But Hage and Gridin incoming plus if McGrogarty doesn't get traded before the season, he could be a good linemate for the Freshman perhaps.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah grab the kid that wants to put on this jersey instead of the doofus who speaks in the 3rd person
Yeah I was fine with taking Eiserman because of his otherworldly shot but that's a crazy fall.
Hage has enough upside where it doesn't feel like a missed opportunity at all. Of Course coupled with the back story and how he doesn't seem to have a huge bust potential in him, I'm happier with Hage myself.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I would have gone for Greentree, but what do I know. Let's circle back in 10 years and discuss.

Hage is a much better skater than Greentree. I like both but easily prefer Hage.

When the trade was made the two names that immediately came to mind were Luchanko and Hage......it was really nice to hear the exact name that I wanted both times we went to the podium.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
4th ranked C in the draft, Demidov #1 ranked RW. Both are not smurfs.
Lots of offence, Demidov is a year away maybe next spring. Minimum 2 years for Hage. Looking brighter.
I would have preferred Vanacker , who went to Chicago at 27 OA, but that would be quibbling in this very deep draft. Hage will be a fine professional who we can all agree wouldn't have been available at 26 OA. But if I am correct in my assessment of Vannacker having a higher upside than Hage, then, by not trading with the Kings, we could have had the better player and retained those two additional picks expended in acquiring the upgraded draft choice.

But with Demidov and Hage, we had a very fruitful first round.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
guys, is Hague a better prospect than Greentree? Why did the give up 3 picks to grab him, sounds like he would have been there anyways. Was Hutson not on the radar in the late first round?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would have preferred Vanacker , who went to Chicago at 27 OA, but that would be quibbling in this very deep draft. Hage will be a fine professional who we can all agree wouldn't have been available at 26 OA. But if I am correct in my assessment of Vannacker having a higher upside than Hage, then, by not trading with the Kings, we could have had the better player and retained those two additional picks expended in acquiring the upgraded draft choice.

But with Demidov and Hage, we had a very fruitful first round.
For sure I'm happy with the draft.

I wonder if we would have been better off with Demidov and Connolly or Eiserman. I wonder more if we shouldn't have done what it would have taken to traded up a second time to go up one or two more spots.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I wish that we could get Eiserman or Connelly. That would be a perfect draft night.

And maybe Greentree and keeping our 2nd-round pick would be better than Hage.

• Haha
Reactions: jrom and Doublechin

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
guys, is Hague a better prospect than Greentree? Why did the give up 3 picks to grab him, sounds like he would have been there anyways. Was Hutson not on the radar in the late first round?
Greentree is bigger/nastier but Hage has way better skating. Ultimately, giving up pick 57 isn't really a big deal to secure Hage. We have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds next year and that's without making more trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad