Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Has he played wing at all? He'd be a great insurance policy for if dach can't stay healthy, but if we view suzuki - dach - Beck - kapanen as our centre lineup, he'll need to find a spot on the wing (or dach, I guess).

Reactions: Redux91

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Great pick for us.

Hage is a great rush attacker, passes well, skates well, sees the ice well, has underrated scoring skills too.

Name of the game for him will definitely be defense, and playing in a more direct way at the pros.

He's going to Michigan to boot, a really good development program, where he'll be able to just take his time, play a couple years in the NCAA and then start his pro career when he's ready.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I dont think this was worth trading up.
I thought it was weird to make the trade before we see who's available, but I'd absolutely make that trade if we waited until the pick was up. Maybe LA wouldn't have made the trade once they saw he's available. Don't see how you can be upset about drafting a guy with 2nd line center upside. We desperately needed more speed in the top 6 too.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes had Hage > Eiserman. It fits his draft pick profile of a player.

I think most of us wanted Eiserman, but really wonder if they jumped up here for Hage. Reminds me of the Beck pick.

Reactions: HomaridII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad