Trade: [MIA/PHI] Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell to Miami (teams swap 13th for 8th overall)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Eagles are wasting no time getting rid of Chip's guys.

For the Dolphins sake, I hope they're not paying Maxwell his full salary.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Eagles are wasting no time getting rid of Chip's guys.

For the Dolphins sake, I hope they're not paying Maxwell his full salary.

I got an friend who's a HUGE Eagles fan and hopes that they're not getting back anything lower than a 5th round pick. Told him that even if that were the case (and since we have no idea what the rumored return is, other than "Draft Pick Comp.") it could still be a "Win" for Philadelphia because of the size of Maxwell's deal. They just have to be smart with the $ it clears up and make a good choice(s) with the Draft Pick(s) they get.

I'd imagine including Kiko can net the Eagles some good value given that he's still on his rookie deal.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I got an friend who's a HUGE Eagles fan and hopes that they're not getting back anything lower than a 5th round pick. Told him that even if that were the case (and since we have no idea what the rumored return is, other than "Draft Pick Comp.") it could still be a "Win" for Philadelphia because of the size of Maxwell's deal. They just have to be smart with the $ it clears up and make a good choice(s) with the Draft Pick(s) they get.

I'd imagine including Kiko can net the Eagles some good value given that he's still on his rookie deal.

I think you underestimate just how awful Kiko Alonso played this year if you think he has that much value.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think you underestimate just how awful Kiko Alonso played this year if you think he has that much value.

I'm not the Eagles fan, so I wouldn't really know--you're right about that. But he was the return for McCoy, and is on a cheap deal. So I figured he'd have some value in a trade. But I'll leave those thoughts to the people who watched more Eagles games than I did this year.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I'm not the Eagles fan, so I wouldn't really know--you're right about that. But he was the return for McCoy, and is on a cheap deal. So I figured he'd have some value in a trade. But I'll leave those thoughts to the people who watched more Eagles games than I did this year.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, lol. Sorry. But he played so badly this year.

Alonso is good, he's just always hurt. That's half the battle, but depending on the pick, this could be a good investment.

He came back from injury and looked like he either forgot how to tackle or was afraid to tackle. He was straight up BAD. This is coming from an Eagles fan who was looking for any reason to like the Shady trade.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If Kiko is the piece they get for taking on Maxwell...i suppose i can deal with it.

God knows we need help at LB even if he's a bit of an injury risk.

Please tell me they at least eat a bit of the deal.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Maxwell isn't bad at all. He had a rough start but played well down the stretch. I think he'll be a solid player for Miami. Kiko is not that great. Too injured, too soft against the run.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don't know what to make of this...

Rumors on Twitter indicating that the Eagles/Dolphins may also swap 1st round picks this year...

Does not seem legit at all.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Maxwell isn't worth his deal but I agree he's not terrible. I was referring to Kiko. Kiko sucks.

Yeah I know but some just assume Maxwell sucks because he was burned early when they had him in a press role. He's more comfortable playing as an off corner like Josh Norman and Richard Sherman. Not on that level of course.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I fully understand that the trade can't be made "official" until Wednesday, but damn...how has it not been leaked what the Eagles return is? Schefter doesn't have anyone who owes him a favor in Philadelphia or Miami?

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Grimes and his POS wife is going to get cut so I'm fine with taking a chance on Maxwell. His contract is not too pretty though. With Alonso, you have to hope that he can repeat what he did his first year, which is far from a sure thing. Dolphins needed to remake their LB corps anyway. Seems like an OK gamble to make. It really depends on what Miami is giving back. Good news is it seems that the 1st round swap is ********.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Kiko's issue is he's not an overly physical player at a position you need an alpha dog. He's decent in space and in coverage but playing in a box and shedding blocks to be a force near the LOS...not his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad