OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I went out to do a few chores earlier and then closed the windows and put on my one air conditioner.

I guess I will be sleeping on the pull-out couch tonight (and the rest of the week).

Stay cool and safe everyone. Be sure to look out for your pets too.
It got to 80°F in the house so the a/c is on. Thank you Willis Haviland Carrier....

• Love
Reactions: BMC and caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
it actually mistakenly went out region-wide as each state has its own 9-1-1 SYSTEM..... Sometimes you get a shelter in place notification multiple ways.... but TV/Phone ARE the most common it's happened here twice.... in the last 7 months....
I’m not even in the region! I unsubscribed for all the lists and my address has been changed on all state and local documents and still got it over 1K away.

• Wow
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We are overcast today and have a slight breeze so it will keep us in the high 80’s today but after today, we are 95-100 for the next 10 days. I don’t even want to know how bad my electric bill is going to be. I have central ac but the ceiling fans are obviously run on electricity.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The low Sunday morning in central VT was 36, high yesterday was 95. Its been quite the swing.

For the year according to my weather station:

Min -18F, max 95
"feels like" Min -32F, Max 108
My uncle and aunt lived in Johnson VT. Many years ago, I would spend a week with them in the summer. They had pink lightning.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
current temp is 92.... low was 67..... projected high 98 (Heat advisory day 2 in effect at noon to 8 pm heat index 95-105).... weather should cool by Friday back to mid 70s....

Reactions: BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If anyone is ever in need of windshield repair, I do not suggest using Glass America in Boylston.

They've had to replace my glass twice in addition to the original replacement since the first two windshields they gave me had defects. They damaged my car once on the driver side, the second time on the passenger side. They have denied responsibility for both times they have damaged it.

I had heard good things about them, but they've been nothing but a headache for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If anyone is ever in need of windshield repair, I do not suggest using Glass America in Boylston.

They've had to replace my glass twice in addition to the original replacement since the first two windshields they gave me had defects. They damaged my car once on the driver side, the second time on the passenger side. They have denied responsibility for both times they have damaged it.

I had heard good things about them, but they've been nothing but a headache for me.
I took my old Nissan to a regular Safelite in town for a new windshield (granted this was 12 years ago) and it was a smooth experience. Not that it matters, just sayin.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I've been out 2 times already putting in fresh water to our bird baths.

It's absolutely atrocious out there, poor birds.

We've been doing the pool for a few days as well and I've seen some birds go in for a quick dip as well.

Stay hydrated and cool, folks!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I took my old Nissan to a regular Safelite in town for a new windshield (granted this was 12 years ago) and it was a smooth experience. Not that it matters, just sayin.

What’s dumb is my windshield was fine, but there was a leak in the rubber lining around it where the windshield meets the roof. So my dealer told me I had to get the whole windshield replaced since places just don’t replace the lining on its own.

They recommended me to Glass America. Usually I just use a place like safelite. Never had any issues with them.

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
Random question - I was just reading about the Opie & Anthony radio show April Fools day bit in 1998 where they claimed Mayor Menino was killed in a car accident.

Just wondering if anyone here has any memories of that incident, or of people’s reaction to it?

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Random question - I was just reading about the Opie & Anthony radio show April Fools day bit in 1998 where they claimed Mayor Menino was killed in a car accident.

Just wondering if anyone here has any memories of that incident, or of people’s reaction to it?
I heard this live as I was driving into work. It took me a minute to remember that it was April Fools and therefore a hoax, and after that all I could think was that we’re hearing the last of Opie and Anthony on WAAF. Turns out I was right.

The hoax was made worse by the fact that Menino was on a plane as this was airing and people couldn’t get ahold of him. He was understandably unhappy about it when he found out, as were his family members. The mayor filed a complaint with the FCC and it didn’t take long after that for the station to give them the boot.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
With the day off for the holiday, I skated for ninety minutes this afternoon at a blistering Casey Park, it's a great day for hockey.

1718824957092.png

1718826545573.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad