Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like Thread 6 - A new season on the horizon

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
IMG_6513.jpeg

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
If there was any precedent for it being that way I would’ve been fine with it. They spent from Luke’s first ride on the Falcon through all of Empire developing Luke’s skills with him being directly taught for a notable part of it - even if it was Ben talking to him from beyond the grave. Rey just does it. I struggle with it because to be honest I hate the whole anti woke, anti metoo whatever sentiment out there that just bags on any non white male character being the star, and I really liked Rey. Those sentiments are repulsive to me, and I thought Rey was outstanding overall. It’s really just this aspect which is completely on the people who made the films. It was as if because she’s a bad ass female she didn’t have to have any development in this arena. Don’t get me started on Cpt Marvel.

Politically I’m liberal and I feel like a complete toad saying this about female characters in action settings as I’m supposed to be blindly supportive, but the movie nerd in me feels like this sort of thing would’ve been pretty highly criticized at any point in other movies of this ilk regardless of sex or color by other movie nerds.

Spend the extra time and show them develop these game changing attributes.

Daenerys Targaryen locking herself in that dome with all the Khals and setting fire to it….and to everything inside and emerging from the inferno unscathed with thousands dropping to their knees in worship of her ultimate badassness was an amazing screen moment. We knew she could do it because they had developed that. No male character or dragon had to save her. Set the world on fire and when it’s nothing but ash that woman would be standing on top of the pile.
You are right, but still fu^k Daenerys fans.

She was nuts. Always has been.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7