Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
FB_IMG_1722455859702.jpg

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I think that hit's the nail-on-the-head for where a lot of the actual dislike comes from, this recent Hollywood movement where all the female hero characters have to be flawless and powerful and good WITHOUT any training or struggles...or by dumbing down or putting down any male counterparts. She-Hulk, Rey, Cpt Marvel are the rule these days rather than the exception so the criticism gets panned as "misogyny" instead of shitty writing. It's the "kid gloves" treatment that they want everyone to blindly accept because of some sort of message it's tied to (like if you've ever watched any awful Christian movies that people fawn over that are objectively terrible if it weren't for people liking "the message"). Wonder Woman on the other hand was loved because she had training, struggles, and development. GOT in general did a great job with their strong female characters not being perfect, struggling, growing, and becoming badasses. Ellen Ripley and Leia are other great examples. Most people aren't scared of strong female characters (there will always be a few though), just not when they're so forced & contrived (Cpt Marvel), or raised up at the cost of misandry (She-Hulk, Black Widow movie).
For what it's worth it was one of the biggest problems I had with the Artemis Fowl movie, especially for the sake of diversity changing Commander Root to a female, complete undercut all that was great about Holly as the trailblazer first female badass that she was in the books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad