Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like Thread 6 - A new season on the horizon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
b4e1642328d2fb5677329d45bab49820538d5ef01b265a9622f92b9e2700c1b7_1.jpg
I'd expect a more logical joke from a Vulcan. Your parents probably didn't have sex on your birthday, and if they did, you probably got an uncomfortably close look at BOTH of your parents genitals that day.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd expect a more logical joke from a Vulcan. Your parents probably didn't have sex on your birthday, and if they did, you probably got an uncomfortably close look at BOTH of your parents genitals that day.
Umm... you're the only one having sex on your birthday, your birthday sex is just celebrating that your parents had sex at all... resulting in your birth.

That logic flew over your head.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Last edited:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
ramen.jpg

Yeah... just what I want topping off my ramen... a cousin of wood lice.... 🤢

Gotta wonder about the first person to try that and find out it's even edible! :eek3:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

No cat, and I believe I'm around 37k posts on this site. Don't have a rating system for my utensils though.

At age 35, I had 2 cats and a bird and my dog had recently passed away.
I didn't yet have 25k posts here, but I had left another hockey forum where I had 30k posts just a few years prior...
I also had already paid cash for my 2012 Shelby GT500 2 years prior (in early 2011).
And yes, I already had a preferred fork and spoon well identified....
All that... coming up on 11 years ago! :amazed:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Depending on how old you are, there’s definitely a normal amount of pain. I can’t name a single friend/acquaintance that doesn’t have some kind of reoccurring pain in their back, knees, neck, where have you.
The older you get the more common things just cause general pain.
At work here, I could crouch down while using a pretty low workstation without sitting in the chair for like 20-30 mins without an issue when I was in my 20's. Now, do the same thing? Getting up is a fricking chore! your joints just aren't near as happy in that awkward position for near as long!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The older you get the more common things just cause general pain.
At work here, I could crouch down while using a pretty low workstation without sitting in the chair for like 20-30 mins without an issue when I was in my 20's. Now, do the same thing? Getting up is a fricking chore! your joints just aren't near as happy in that awkward position for near as long!

I screwed myself a few years back. Had a client with a very sweet older black lab that unfortunately had a multitude of health issues in his old age. Half deaf, arthritis, etc. But I was happy to look after him, because for the most part, they were manageable issues.

Well, one day I show up, and it must have been a bad day for the dog, because he was simply not able to stand up. Unfortunately, the only way to get down to the client's yard for the dog to do his business was down a flight of stairs. After trying every trick in the book to get him up, I finally decided I'd have to carry him down the stairs myself.

Healthwise, probably the biggest mistake of my life. Hurt my back, and had interspersed sharp, shooting leg pain over the following weeks. Worst pain I've ever felt. Finally got to a doctor, and he guessed what probably happened is the sciatic nerve got wedged between two spinal columns, and every time I moved, it'd pinch that nerve, causing the pain.

It's gotten better as the years have gone by, but every once in a while, I'll move the wrong way and it's like a lightning bolt of pain just rips down my leg.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I screwed myself a few years back. Had a client with a very sweet older black lab that unfortunately had a multitude of health issues in his old age. Half deaf, arthritis, etc. But I was happy to look after him, because for the most part, they were manageable issues.

Well, one day I show up, and it must have been a bad day for the dog, because he was simply not able to stand up. Unfortunately, the only way to get down to the client's yard for the dog to do his business was down a flight of stairs. After trying every trick in the book to get him up, I finally decided I'd have to carry him down the stairs myself.

Healthwise, probably the biggest mistake of my life. Hurt my back, and had interspersed sharp, shooting leg pain over the following weeks. Worst pain I've ever felt. Finally got to a doctor, and he guessed what probably happened is the sciatic nerve got wedged between two spinal columns, and every time I moved, it'd pinch that nerve, causing the pain.

It's gotten better as the years have gone by, but every once in a while, I'll move the wrong way and it's like a lightning bolt of pain just rips down my leg.
You never forget your first crippling back injury!

And now I do back exercises every day of my life, so that I only feel minor pain instead of debilitating pain.

Getting old f***ing sucks, but getting dead sucks worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad