Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like Thread 6 - A new season on the horizon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
The Big Ten.jpg

How would you describe the 5 finalists in a wet T-shirt contest?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don't know... I've been bird watching for a long time. One happens to live in my house with me, and I'm absolutely not indifferent to him!

original.JPG
Funny story, the bird in the meme I posted, the "yellow-rumped warbler", is the one f***ing bird that my BirdBuddy feeder both never can figure out and is also is buried so far back in their list that it takes me an inordinate amount of time to correctly identify.

"Is this a black-naped Oriole?" NOOOO. They live in Asia and I told you this is in North Carolina! Fix your list!!!

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Funny story, the bird in the meme I posted, the "yellow-rumped warbler", is the one f***ing bird that my BirdBuddy feeder both never can figure out and is also is buried so far back in their list that it takes me an inordinate amount of time to correctly identify.

"Is this a black-naped Oriole?" NOOOO. They live in Asia and I told you this is in North Carolina! Fix your list!!!
Mrs. Hank is extremely interested in your full BirdBuddy review.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

1681602480312.png

You have a visitor! It's a North American Tree Rat!

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Mrs. Hank is extremely interested in your full BirdBuddy review.
It’s both fun at times and also a chore. Cool to see the birds we get on that feeder vs the ones on our other feeders. We have one with a solar roof, but have to remove the camera unit regularly to charge it in the house anyway. It is easy to do, but still is another thing to keep track of. The software interface works really well, but is tedious. Each time a bird image or video is captured, we get a “post card” in the app. To view the bird, we then have to click on it through an animation, then go through a process of identification of the bird if it isn’t automatically recognized (hello yellow-rumpled warbler) and the a decision process of keep or discard and if keep, share or private. It gets old, to be honest. The videos that are captured are not very good. The quality is fine but they are often more than two minutes long with the bird in them for often much less than half the time.

I probably wouldn’t buy it if I was doing it over knowing what I know now. I prefer to sit on our front porch and watch the birds on our other feeders from my porch swing.

1681602680278.png

1681602712231.png

And the bane of my existence:

1681602752988.png

View attachment 689166

You have a visitor! It's a North American Tree Rat!
Before I put the squirrel baffle on the post to the feeder, it is all we got. But because of the size of the feeder’s perch, we got mostly images of its butt.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
It’s both fun at times and also a chore. Cool to see the birds we get on that feeder vs the ones on our other feeders. We have one with a solar roof, but have to remove the camera unit regularly to charge it in the house anyway. It is easy to do, but still is another thing to keep track of. The software interface works really well, but is tedious. Each time a bird image or video is captured, we get a “post card” in the app. To view the bird, we then have to click on it through an animation, then go through a process of identification of the bird if it isn’t automatically recognized (hello yellow-rumpled warbler) and the a decision process of keep or discard and if keep, share or private. It gets old, to be honest. The videos that are captured are not very good. The quality is fine but they are often more than two minutes long with the bird in them for often much less than half the time.

I probably wouldn’t buy it if I was doing it over knowing what I know now. I prefer to sit on our front porch and watch the birds on our other feeders from my porch swing.

View attachment 689167

View attachment 689168

And the bane of my existence:

View attachment 689169

Before I put the squirrel baffle on the post to the feeder, it is all we got. But because of the size of the feeder’s perch, we got mostly images of its butt.
I used to like watching the birds at my feeder, and so did my cat, but my HOA said that we weren't allowed to have bird feeders or put any seed out. So I just see the same few birds all the time. I must say though, that the towhees in the neighborhood really liked my Christmas wreath on my front door and twice I had towhees get into the house when they were sitting on the wreath and I opened the front door. My cat was very happy.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I used to like watching the birds at my feeder, and so did my cat, but my HOA said that we weren't allowed to have bird feeders or put any seed out. So I just see the same few birds all the time. I must say though, that the towhees in the neighborhood really liked my Christmas wreath on my front door and twice I had towhees get into the house when they were sitting on the wreath and I opened the front door. My cat was very happy.
Can I have "neighborhoods I probably wouldn't want to live in for $100 Alex?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad