Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Excellent, cost controlled, 25 year old C. Didn't expect quite this but a 1st+ of value makes a ton of sense.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Did not want to trade Mcleod ever. If Oilers did, I always said it would be an overpay only to get rid of Mcleod. I’ve said no for taking a straight 1st round pick for him.

Looks like we may have got it? Savoie looks like a great prospect. Local Edmonton product too.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Needed for the Sabres Savoie is a bit redundant in Buffalo. His D+2 was fine.

You’ve got Benson Kulich and apparently sabres think higher of Rosen. Not to mention a slew of others. This fills a huge need for the Sabres.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Some Sabres fans were complaining about having too many small players. But Savoie has high end potential. McLeod is 3C at best. Plus they just drafted Helenius to be the 3C basically. I mean yeah they have an abundance of young talent, but this is just a big drop in talent.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
This is amazing for the Oilers (McLeod & Tulio for Savoie), but I’m skeptical that there’s more we don’t know yet.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Effectively the Sabres have been stuck in this strange purgatory where teams won't trade with us without massive overpay

Bond

May 10, 2012
Some Sabres fans were complaining about having too many small players. But Savoie has high end potential. McLeod is 3C at best. Plus they just drafted Helenius to be the 3C basically. I mean yeah they have an abundance of young talent, but this is just a big drop in talent.
Yeah. I feel like Savoie could have gotten someone better than MacLeod. All I know is that Savoie is a bust now lol

Effectively the Sabres have been stuck in this strange purgatory where teams won't trade with us without massive overpay
Or they just know the Sabres will overpay haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad