GDT: McLeod 9: Oilers @ Red Wings 5:00 PM - SN west

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Neither the Kings nor Golden Knights look great recently.
I love it. Hopefully they go thru what Oilers went thru

I love me an 8 pm oilers game. Not sure why I have never made the trip to Detroit.

6-1 Oil
Kane
Cousin connor
Bouch
Nuge
Brown
Drai.
Don’t u have that thing preventing ya to cross the border? Is that a lifetime?

• Haha
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I love that this is the case, and when asked about it, the Boys on the bus are like "well we like to have fun, so sometimes it was hard to play and win that 9th game" lol
I hear you...lol
It really is a crazy thing that the franchise record 9 game win streak record didnt happen until 2000-2001 season.
All those amazing teams in the 80's and its the team from the 2000/01 season that sets the standard for wins in a row. :amazed:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I hear you...lol
It really is a crazy thing that the franchise record 9 game win streak record didnt happen until 2000-2001 season.
All those amazing teams in the 80's and its the team from the 2000/01 season that sets the standard for wins in a row. :amazed:

It's a strange stat that we are one of the only teams in the league without a 10 game streak at some point.

Even stranger - in the entire franchise history of the Dallas/Minnesota stars, they have never had a win streak longer than 7 games.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's a strange stat that we are one of the only teams in the league without a 10 game streak at some point.

Even stranger - in the entire franchise history of the Dallas/Minnesota stars, they have never had a win streak longer than 7 games.
Strange stuff for sure.

The NHL record is 17 games. Penguins in 1992/93.
That record has stood for over 30 years now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Detroit will be a tough out with how our games been trending lately. Need to stop the bleeding tonight. We have franchise records to make. I say Knob gets them back on track starting tonight.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Detroit will be a tough out with how our games been trending lately. Need to stop the bleeding tonight. We have franchise records to make. I say Knob gets them back on track starting tonight.
We loss tonight and go on 3 game losing streak only to be talking about this franchise record February 11th two days before we play the Wings again.

I'll probably make an origami.:D
You know what your new job is don't waste your time with that

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It is, but it isn't.

By giving him some tougher games you can get a better idea if maybe he is an internal solution. Playing him against what should've been an easy W against Chicago doesn't give you a lot of insight to whether or not he's a guy that maybe can be that backup.

Maybe I'm overthinking, but that's the logic I can see.
And as it turned out, that game against the Hawks was not the gimme everyone thought it would be. Skin saved us in that one, so in hindsight, it really does look like the right decision.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And as it turned out, that game against the Hawks was not the gimme everyone thought it would be. Skin saved us in that one, so in hindsight, it really does look like the right decision.
I just find games against Chi, Ana(pickard played already), Ott, Sj don't tell you all that much when trying to see if guys are a solution or not.

Sure you throw Kemp and Pickard in and they look like shit and the rest of the team looks good it does tell you something, but if you get the win and they look good I don't know how much you can take from it. Even if you have the outing that we did against CHI and they look good what does it really tell you? That Kemp maybe stepped up for his first NHL game and Pickard was able to stop a bunch of borderline NHLers sprinkled in with a few decent guys?

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I just find games against Chi, Ana(pickard played already), Ott, Sj don't tell you all that much when trying to see if guys are a solution or not.

Sure you throw Kemp and Pickard in and they look like shit and the rest of the team looks good it does tell you something, but if you get the win and they look good I don't know how much you can take from it. Even if you have the outing that we did against CHI and they look good what does it really tell you? That Kemp maybe stepped up for his first NHL game and Pickard was able to stop a bunch of borderline NHLers sprinkled in with a few decent guys?
I think if Pickard can come through against a team like Detroit tonight, who is a reasonably good foe, and then have the odd decent game down the road, we may not be in such a rush to get another goalie, at least for now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
All I have to say is little caesars sucks.

Hope the boys come out hot and ready.
I had it a few years back at work and I was shocked that it wasn't all that bad. Ordered it a few months later for myself and it was back to like when I was a kid and they had 14 year olds making pizzas for them.

Pizza 73 is the same. There is like one or two good locations in Edmonton, but if you can't remember which one it is you are in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: PULSATING

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think if Pickard can come through against a team like Detroit tonight, who is a reasonably good foe, and then have the odd decent game down the road, we may not be in such a rush to get another goalie, at least for now.
That and if they do decide to upgrade at the deadline a GM isn't going to have us up against the wall getting themselves a better deal.

I'm not even fully convinced that with a larger sample size and if Pickard was on a bottom feeding team that either us or someone else would've traded for him by now.

Look at the teams who were either deemed playoff teams/contenders this year or played themselves into a playoff spot that could use at the very least a stable backup with Pickard like numbers. Det, TB, Car, Ott(although I never deemed them a playoff team), Buf, Minny, Tor(although injury to Woll is more an issue now that Jones pulled his head out of his ass).

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I’ve had a couple above average chain pizzas @ Little Caesars in the last year cause I custom order a stuffed crust and pick it up.

The hot n ready’s are dry & chincey so I avoid.

Was my mom’s favorite and I remember when they first franchised out in YEG (late 80’s?) the pizza would come in a rectangular slab of cardboard side by side covered in a paper bag:
IMG_4126.jpeg

And I still think they make a better pie than 73…just sayin

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad