Player Discussion McDavid

Alexandre Achutti

Oct 6, 2019
He's clearly below the McDavid I've seen.
If he can't get back to his best version, I don't think there will be enough matches for him to break any records.

With this goalkeeper and some defenders that the team has, McDavid has to be superhuman as I have sometimes seen him be.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's clearly below the McDavid I've seen.
If he can't get back to his best version, I don't think there will be enough matches for him to break any records.

With this goalkeeper and some defenders that the team has, McDavid has to be superhuman as I have sometimes seen him be.
Sure, honestly he's playing fine. The tough part is it's 90s shadowing of him out there, and because he nearly never goes down, he draws few calls.

I have little concern about McDavid overall.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Perlini gives his thoughts on McDavid near the end of the video. Despite the clickbaity thumbnail he said McDavid was very humble, nice and surprisingly funny.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
His pass first mentality has gone overboard. Vancouver started to figure it out on the PP late in that series. Hopefully he can at least fire a few snap or wrist shots on Dallas to keep them honest, especially on the PP
He's injured tho so it's not like he can shoot.

I worry this may be the dagger that gets us. The way our team is build we need Mcdavid being Mcdavid.

Reactions: Alexandre Achutti

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
One of my buddies is a big Panthers fan. Watched the last game with him. He was nervous even before we won. I asked him why he is nervous since an 0-3 comeback hasn’t happened since Nazi Germany. He said “There is only one player on the planet I think has the ability to carry his team out of this… and you guys have him.”

I said fair enough.

This has almost never been done but McDavid is one of a kind. He’s GOAT good. I think sometimes we forget that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
One of my buddies is a big Panthers fan. Watched the last game with him. He was nervous even before we won. I asked him why he is nervous since an 0-3 comeback hasn’t happened since Nazi Germany. He said “There is only one player on the planet I think has the ability to carry his team out of this… and you guys have him.”

I said fair enough.

This has almost never been done but McDavid is one of a kind. He’s GOAT good. I think sometimes we forget that.
how does one live in Edmonton and become a Panthers fan? Thats really random. I get it for original 6 teams that fans might have a historic other team they cheer for. This is just me but living in a City with an NHL team, and a historic one in the case of Edmonton seems weird a person would pick Florida Panthers, of all teams.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I said fair enough.

How? Is he actually from Florida, or is he one of those incredibly annoying people that coincidentally found fandom for them no earlier than three years (or three weeks) ago?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
how does one live in Edmonton and become a Panthers fan? Thats really random. I get it for original 6 teams that fans might have a historic other team they cheer for. This is just me but living in a City with an NHL team, and a historic one in the case of Edmonton seems weird a person would pick Florida Panthers, of all teams.
I don’t know really tbh. The other guy there was a Minnesota fan. :laugh: My best friend is an Avs fan.

…I think I need new friends.

How? Is he actually from Florida, or is he one of those incredibly annoying people that coincidentally found fandom for them no earlier than three years (or three weeks) ago?
Born and raised here. I call him a traitor all the time.

• Haha

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
I don’t know really tbh. The other guy there was a Minnesota fan. :laugh: My best friend is an Avs fan.

Its funny because I actually remember you speaking of some of those Other team fans.

For me I'd start wondering what I did to deserve these wrong logo friends. haha

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I'll bet since about 2021. Or 1996-2001 with a sabbatical in between.

Call me an asshole, but save for a reason for it (ie parent was a fan), I simply can't believe that anyone born and bread in Edmonton is truly a "fan" of these teams such that they would be following them day by day even if they were 32nd. All bandwagoners that do it to be "different," or in a worst case (as I've seen often with Avs jumpers) do it to troll.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Call me an asshole, but save for a reason for it (ie parent was a fan), I simply can't believe that anyone born and bread in Edmonton is truly a "fan" of these teams such that they would be following them day by day even if they were 32nd. All bandwagoners that do it to be "different," or in a worst case (as I've seen often with Avs jumpers) do it to troll.
It’s for sure a “to be different” thing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting

This is the primary reason somebody selects an odd team to cheer for.

One of my best friends is a Bruins fan but has been since he was a kid, and his dad was too, and they come from a Ukrainian Community that raised some ex Bruins like Johnny Bucyk so it just makes a lot of sense for them to be Bruins fans. Also that the Oilers didn't event exist then.

I had another friend that pretended to be a Flyers fan in the 80's That one was just more bandwagon and ironic as the Oilers beat the Flyers in two of those cups. He was there at that game 7. lol I made sure to rub it in.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This is the primary reason somebody selects an odd team to cheer for.

One of my best friends is a Bruins fan but has been since he was a kid, and his dad was too, and they come from a Ukrainian Community that raised some ex Bruins like Johnny Bucyk so it just makes a lot of sense for them to be Bruins fans. Also that the Oilers didn't event exist then.

I had another friend that pretended to be a Flyers fan in the 80's That one was just more bandwagon and ironic as the Oilers beat the Flyers in two of those cups. He was there at that game 7. lol I made sure to rub it in.

It's funny the teams chosen by these clowns as well. Outside of Original 6 or other Canadian teams you don't really see any "fans" of other teams show up in droves other than the Penguins, Capitals, Flyers, Knights and Avalanche. Nothing for the Stars, nothing for the Lightning, nothing for the Panthers despite these teams giving just as much ammo as the others to hop on the wagon.

Penguins and Capitals was bandwagon star player related. Lots of kids in that gear, but sadly (pathetically) you would see a lot of adults simping for Crosby and Ovechkin, which is embarrassing IMO. This has died off a lot lately, mores with the Capitals than Penguins. Funny aside - one of my friends got caught at a game in an Ovechkin jersey a few years ago and we still all routinely rip him for it almost every time we see him to this day.

Flyers are Original 6 adjacent team, some legitimate historical fandom there, and their fans still come to the rink if the Flyers stink.

Vegas and Colorado are the only others, and boy are they an annoying, immature bunch. Definitely isn't a coincidence that the two good teams that everyone in town bandwagons for also played and recently beat the Oilers in the playoffs (the troll element). Say what you want about the comment I'm about to make, but I think it says a lot about a person's character, and not in a good way, if as grown adults people bandwagon these teams for no reason other than to act like an annoying douche or be "different." Absolutely can't stand them.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Mcdavid has really started to look good. Unfortunately scoreboard results weren't there earlier in the series, but he's playing so well now maybe just maybe he can will us to a game 7.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Mcdavid leads us from being down 3-0 to a Cup then it will be his Jordan moment. It will make for great TV in the Amazon series.
That's more than any of Jordan moment. McDavid would cement himself as #3 best of all time at age 27 with room to move up.

But to be fair, Jordan wouldn't have allowed it to go 3-0

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4