McDavid is on a serious run to try and break Gretzky's single season playoff assist record (he did it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
The most assists in the playoffs for any player ever. That is truly insane. He has basically double the points of anyone on Florida with way better +/- and advanced stats.

You have to give him the Conne Smythe now with Bobrovsky faltering. So far ahead of everyone else thus far.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The most assists in the playoffs for any player ever. That is truly insane. He has basically double the points of anyone on Florida with way better +/- and advanced stats.

You have to give him the Conne Smythe now with Bobrovsky faltering. So far ahead of everyone else thus far.
Agreed. Absolutely insane. If a player is breaking any of Gretzky’s postseason records, that speaks for itself.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't think for a second McDavid will win the CS if they lose, but let's say that is in the cards... How far does this series have to go to be within the realm of probability?

Reactions: Macheteops

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I don't think for a second McDavid will win the CS if they lose, but let's say that is in the cards... How far does this series have to go to be within the realm of probability?
If McDavid has 40 points or more when the playoffs end and the Oilers make it to game 6 or game 7, I think he gets it.

If Edmonton wins the Cup, it is guaranteed.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Guys, guys. You are getting ahead of yourselves. No praise or context or details, only "cup or bust". Like, do you even know how to dichotomise at all?

Reactions: Planetov

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm actually surprised out of all the records broken, it was for something Gretzky is best at. Kind of insane.

When was the last time a Gretzky record was broken btw?
Gretzky probably didn't lose as many games as many games as McDavid.

Reactions: Matsun

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I'm actually surprised out of all the records broken, it was for something Gretzky is best at. Kind of insane.

When was the last time a Gretzky record was broken btw?
It is a bit surprising Wayne never had more than 31 assist. For some reason he seemed to be more even in the playoffs.

Also they generally never played more than 18-19 games even when they won the cup. So that's obviously part of the explanation. Wayne's record year over 22 games was at a 36 assist pace. 38 over 23 games and so on. Which would have made it a lot harder to break.

Reactions: Felidae

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Any word from Gretzky yet about McDavid crushing his assist record?! Those comments from him about Barkov look pretty ridiculous right now...
Reporter: “Hey Wayne, what are your thoughts on Barkov?”

Gretzky: “Best player of all time!”

Reporter: “Ok…what are your thoughts about McDavid?”

Gretzky: “Best player of all time!”

Reporter: “……”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad