McAvoy out at least 4 weeks

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The Bruins were missing 7+ roster players in October and November...they struggled, but came together as a team for an insane streak post-Thanksgiving. The Bruins have lost other guys like Marchand (suspension) since then and keep finding ways to win. Their biggest challenge will be to stay ahead of Toronto for home-ice advantage...and to avoid further injury from here on out.

I am looking at those three games against Tampa and hoping they can win one, maybe two. It would be a great challenge for the squad.

If they fall behind toronto it will be a massive collapse. If Boston finishes 10-9 and Toronto goes 11-3, Boston still end up ahead. Toronto would either have to go on a tear if Boston plays .500 hockey, or Boston would have to implode

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’ve had one. 4-8 weeks for conservative. Faster healers can be like 3. Just a weird fall not a chop block. Odd

member 262271

I'm gonna hazard a guess that Boston will keep on rolling without him. Good news for Bruins fans is it doesn't sound serious.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Not a Bruins fan at all...in fact, I revel in seeing them wallow in mediocrity..... but this Charlie McAvoy really is an outstanding up n coming defenseman and could help anchor the Bruins defense for years to come.

Hope he recovers and is back on the ice sooner than later. No so much for the team's sake, but for his own.
I am looking forward to seeing he and his Bruins lock horns with some of the better Eastern teams for years to come, including my own TB Lightning

Reactions: PB37

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Man that sucks. Theses injuries to my fave top guys lately sucks: Mcavoy Boeser Matthews Bergeron. Sucks seeing all the good guys go down

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Not good to see Mac out but the other rookie dee Grezlcyk has been very steady and Holden is filling in nicely.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I feel your pain Bruins fans, hope he comes back in time for the playoffs.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'm gonna hazard a guess that Boston will keep on rolling without him. Good news for Bruins fans is it doesn't sound serious.

Luckily Sweeney added at both F and D this deadline, and we were pretty deep on D anyway. It stinks to lose the guy, he's been an absolute horse this season, but we'll get by without him and it'll be great to get him back for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad