Maybe time for HF to look in the mirror and shut this one down.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
After another union member goes down. Stephan Peat. I never even heard the name before , there is a 2017 thread start for him HERE of HF. Real sad case. Yes, I'll enjoy a REAL scrap once in a while. A good clean hit is way more satisfying to me now vs 2 guys hugging for 30 seconds. There are the occasional fighters and the enforcers union, THOSE guys are the ones getting chewed up and spit out. They all roll the dice. Lotta guys in this category are rolling craps. Check out the full legit JAMA study on this employment group.

Eliminate fighting no. Better health and safety protocols - yes. These guys have the riskiest job in the league. Treat it like a insurance table. Every player and team should be upping the contribution to the fund by a 10,000% A guy needs 24/7 care?
part of the contract terms.

Woke. Or just realistic? I know nothing will happen until the NEXT class action suit comes with a harsh financial penalty that really hurts the owners,

Article: The Penalty for Hockey’s Enforcers May Be Premature Death
STUDY : Fighting and Penalty Minutes Associated With Long-term Mortality Among NHL Players

Most important table:
Mi and Neo are heart attack and cancers, next three almost exclusive to the enforcers.
1726291920023.png

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
After another union member goes down. Stephan Peat. I never even heard the name before , there is a 2017 thread start for him HERE of HF. Real sad case. Yes, I'll enjoy a REAL scrap once in a while. A good clean hit is way more satisfying to me now vs 2 guys hugging for 30 seconds. There are the occasional fighters and the enforcers union, THOSE guys are the ones getting chewed up and spit out. They all roll the dice. Lotta guys in this category are rolling craps. Check out the full legit JAMA study on this employment group.

Eliminate fighting no. Better health and safety protocols - yes. These guys have the riskiest job in the league. Treat it like a insurance table. Every player and team should be upping the contribution to the fund by a 10,000% A guy needs 24/7 care?
part of the contract terms.

Woke. Or just realistic? I know nothing will happen until the NEXT class action suit comes with a harsh financial penalty that really hurts the owners,

Article: The Penalty for Hockey’s Enforcers May Be Premature Death
STUDY : Fighting and Penalty Minutes Associated With Long-term Mortality Among NHL Players

Most important table:
Mi and Neo are heart attack and cancers, next three almost exclusive to the enforcers.
View attachment 906901
Or just don't read the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I am missing the connection between the title and the content of the OP.

I don’t want to minimize the very real damage that fighting for a living can do. But I am curious as to if there’s a decent amount of confirmation bias going on with enforcers and hockey players that end up in dire straits. Who’s to say that some of them didn’t have mental health issues from long before the days of being an enforcer? We’re so quick to instantly associate their job with homelessness/addiction. As if that isn’t a place one can pretty easily end up regardless of profession.

And no, I’m not doubting the legitmacy of the impacts of repeated concussions and CTE. I’m just saying that there is more to a lot of these guys than our distant view allows us to see.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Shut up. If you've never heard of stephen peat your under 25 or not a real hockey fan. These guys are adults and know the risks.
false dilemmas, shoddy grammar and gatekeeping...all in one post! well done.

stephen peat was a literal nobody in the aggregate of professional hockey. besides that, he was born in 1980 and absolutely did not know the risks, because the risks weren't well-known at that time.

i didn't even read all of OP's post, and i don't have a dog in this fight, but i felt the need to return the favor and tell you to shut up.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
stephen peat was a literal nobody in the aggregate of professional hockey. besides that, he was born in 1980 and absolutely did not know the risks, because the risks weren't well-known at that time.
I think anyone over the age of 15 (birth year has nothing to do with it, common sense does) should be well aware that getting hit in the noggin can't be good for your long-term brain health. Same thing applies to hitting others in the noggin. Better pay than pumping gas though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad