• C - Amadeus Lombardi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cossa wins the 3rd round.

1. C Nate Danielson - 39.8% (1st round, 9th overall, 2023)
2. RD Axel Sandin-Pellikka - 46.0% (1st round, 17th overall, 2023)
3. G Sebastian Cossa - 49.0% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)

Albert Johansson and Amadeus Lombardi are the adds. Next highest from last year voting.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
He's 2 years older than Kasper?

I really like Mazur and think he's had a good year, but I don't think that's a very fair comparison.
It was not my intention to make a fair comparison.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He's 2 years older than Kasper?

I really like Mazur and think he's had a good year, but I don't think that's a very fair comparison.

2 years older and can't seem to bulk up to NHL level size. 22 YO prospect can't use the "still growing" excuse for not being able to gain some weight. I still have doubts that Mazur's game translates to the NHL against bigger players. Look at Czarnik, his game doesn't translate at all.

Went with Trey, until Kasper/Mazur show they're more than bottom 6 forwards, I'm not gonna get excited.

Add the kids that signed, Buium, Finnie, and Gibson along with Buch.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like Mazur a good deal, but I'd still give the nod pretty easily to Kasper.

Was debating who to suggest for the add. Buchelnikov, Buium, or NDN. If NDN stays healthy next year, I am pretty confident he will sky rocket up the prospect rankings.

Guess I'll say add Buium. (Look forward to having both brothers in these rankings :))

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Was debating who to suggest for the add. Buchelnikov, Buium, or NDN. If NDN stays healthy next year, I am pretty confident he will sky rocket up the prospect rankings.

Guess I'll say add Buium. (Look forward to having both brothers in these rankings :))
I really hope we add a forward

Reactions: letsgowings9999

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Detroit can only pick as high as 5 if they win the lottery.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Mazur is definitely my vote. It's neck and neck with him and Kasper but he "plays the right way" just like Kasper, but I think he's got more potential as a goal scorer than Kasper does. Excited to have both though, we're going to be really hard to play against when they move up.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Mazur is definitely my vote. It's neck and neck with him and Kasper but he "plays the right way" just like Kasper, but I think he's got more potential as a goal scorer than Kasper does. Excited to have both though, we're going to be really hard to play against when they move up.
Man how wrong we all were on Mazur. From Draper nepotism pick that is never gonna be more than a 4th liner to being ranked higher than a 9th overall pick by some.

Reactions: Winger98

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
2 years older and can't seem to bulk up to NHL level size. 22 YO prospect can't use the "still growing" excuse for not being able to gain some weight. I still have doubts that Mazur's game translates to the NHL against bigger players. Look at Czarnik, his game doesn't translate at all.

Went with Trey, until Kasper/Mazur show they're more than bottom 6 forwards, I'm not gonna get excited.

Add the kids that signed, Buium, Finnie, and Gibson along with Buch.

What's mazer's official weight ??? If hes anorexic and something good can be had if hes thrown in a package I'd consider it

As much as he gets shit on Elmer's 6'8 and I think hed play better in the nhl than the ahl and can pop 15 at least . If mazur's still like 165-170 I don't know man

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If size was such an issue I don't think he would translate so easily from NCAA to AHL. That's a bigger jump than AHL to NHL.
If Mazur is able to process the game at NHL speed he'll be fine.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What's mazer's official weight ??? If hes anorexic and something good can be had if hes thrown in a package I'd consider it

As much as he gets shit on Elmer's 6'8 and I think hed play better in the nhl than the ahl and can pop 15 at least . If mazur's still like 165-170 I don't know man

For reference, Dekeyser was listed at 183.

If size was such an issue I don't think he would translate so easily from NCAA to AHL. That's a bigger jump than AHL to NHL.
If Mazur is able to process the game at NHL speed he'll be fine.
No, AHL to NHL is a much bigger jump than top tier NCAA to AHL. Look at Hirose. The elite college players skip the AHL altogether, like Larkin and Makar.

As for size being a concern, look at the difference in stats between NHL and AHL for Czarnik this season. He's top line AHLer and useless in the NHL.

ZAR had a really slow start in GR, take away his first 14 games and he's got 29 pts in 47 games which is on par with Mazur and Kasper. Mazur and Kasper need to develop more, otherwise they won't have any more NHL impact than ZAR.

ZAR had 163 hits last season with Toronto which would have put him second on this team behind Seider this season. I'd rather have "grit" from a larger player, Mazur and Kasper have to show that they have more to offer than ZAR in every aspect of the game..

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not nearly as concerned about playing weight for forwards as I would be for defenseman.

And when talking about Mazur specifically, the guy you look at who had a ton of success in the NHL with a similar frame who played a similar game is Wayne Simmonds.

Reactions: Realgud

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Huge Wallinder guy still, love the tools and think he will evolve. With that said at this point I am convinced Mazur is the third guy on a first or second line. He just shows up in all the right areas and is a complete pain in the ass with skill. He has first line upside to me so he is the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad