Matvei Michkov: 9 points in first 8 NHL games

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
For me it’s the skating that separates them. Both are going to be elite players. It’s pretty clear to me that Bedard is just a little bit better.
Bedards skating makes it “clear” he’s better ? Kinda weird take, but everyone’s entitled to theirs. How do you evaluate IQ, board play, passing, stature and other aspects of hockey would be my main question. I definitely think Bedard skates better currently as well.

Reactions: SlobKnox and Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Bedards skating makes it “clear” he’s better ? Kinda weird take, but everyone’s entitled to theirs. How do you evaluate IQ, board play, passing, stature and other aspects of hockey would be my main question. I definitely think Bedard skates better currently as well.
Well bedards release is better than Mathew’s. He has good vision and he skates almost as good as mcdavid.

Bedards play without the puck is under whelming so far but they are still kids. We will see. I think bedards going to be a 60 goal scorer.

I don’t think either one of them is dominant along the boards.

Michkov is better without the puck but bedards a far better skater. Maybe you’re right. But I still think bedards going to have a slightly better career.

We will see. Holler at me in 7 years :p

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Really happy for him... I've always thought him and Bedard are heads above the rest of that very good draft class. I say he ends with around 50 points this season. Rookies in NHL have it tough... much longer season or injuries will derail him a bit.

Then, next year, he goes supernova and him and Bedard have a similar point total.. guessing around 120.

Reactions: Devonator

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Homerish, but if Philly didn't have a horrendously bad string of wide-open net misses, then Michkov is in the top-10 in points this year, so far.

That's even being very generous, because there are at least 7 notable freebies that were whiffed on where it's not even a question that an average NHL player would hit most of those.

So basically he’s better than Bedard then?

Well bedards release is better than Mathew’s. He has good vision and he skates almost as good as mcdavid.

Bedards play without the puck is under whelming so far but they are still kids. We will see. I think bedards going to be a 60 goal scorer.

Michkov is better without the puck but bedards a far better skater. Maybe you’re right. But I still think bedards going to have a slightly better career.

He skates almost as good as McDavie and his release is better than Matthews? May I ask what you’re smoking?

SlobKnox

Oct 16, 2024

Wait.. what lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad