Matvei Michkov: 9 points in first 8 NHL games

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Better than Bedard already? I haven’t watched him in the NHL really for more than a period so not sure, anyone who watches both care to chime in?

Reactions: gab6511 and pi314

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I’m sure he’ll hit a wall at some point but he’s been better than I expected. I was hoping for ~60 point season but maybe I should hope for more. Best Flyers rookie since Lindros

MM’s linemates, TK and Couts, with 5 points a piece. If they can keep up that kind of play it will be a hell of a line

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Better than Bedard already? I haven’t watched him in the NHL really for more than a period so not sure, anyone who watches both care to chime in?

Too early to tell, each of them do certain things better, it's unreal how people are so shocked, it was a 1A/1B draft, so many posters that have followed Michkov for years have been saying it.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I think Mitchkov is better since he has a more complete game and nastier to play against. Bedard is good but he is soft imo. Maybe that will change in the future.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Philly needs to get him Brayden Point's skating coach. He's already an effective player despite mediocre straight-line speed.

Reactions: SaSaShi

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Nope not yet....Bedard is still the more dominant player for me.

If Michkov improves his skating speed....then it becomes a possibility because Michkov is the smarter player, better hands, better passer too.

Bedard has the shot and speed advantage while also being a very good passer and smart player too.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Nope not yet....Bedard is still the more dominant player for me.

If Michkov improves his skating speed....then it becomes a possibility because Michkov is the smarter player, better hands, better passer too.

Bedard has the shot and speed advantage while also being a very good passer and smart player too.

Don't agree with more dominant. Bedard has the shot / speed advantage currently, but Michkov is able to control the puck through contact and board play in a way Bedard cannot, due to his stature. Bedard is kind of frail in a way, not a knock on him just he's not built very thick? Michkov is more fire hydrant type he bounces off guys, it's a big advantage for Michkov. That being said, they're both 19, who knows how this all ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad