Celebrity Death: Matthew Perry, 54

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like his large fortune of about $120M along with the $20M a year in residuals from Friends will go to his parents.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Is it only me or am I the only one unable to watch a complete episode of friends right now?
I haven't tried, but I guess the one where Chandler goes: "Hmmm, drowning'" might feel a little weird, or the one where Monica compares his face to that of a drowning moron. Who knew some of Friends would turn into very dark humor?

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities have arrested at least one person in connection with Matthew Perry’s death, a law enforcement official tells The Associated Press.

The official was not authorized to discuss details of the ongoing investigation and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity. Authorities have scheduled a news conference in Los Angeles to announce details in the case later Thursday morning.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
5 now charged in connection

• Five defendants have been charged in connection with the death of the Friends star Matthew Perry
  • Doctor Salvador Plasencia and Jasveen Sangha, also known as the “Ketamine Queen", are accused of working with others to distribute ketamine to Perry, 54, from September to October 2023
  • Authorities said police found a "drug-selling emporium" at Sangha's home, which included vials of ketamine, thousands of pills, cocaine and other drugs
  • Plasencia wrote in a text message, "I wonder how much this moron will pay"
  • Authorities say Perry purchased 20 vials of ketamine for $55,000 (£42,800)

Reactions: Kurtz and Mrfenn92

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Cute that the cops really only care about busting these drug dealers when a celebrity dies.

f*** doin something about all the laced fent shit out there thats causing an extreme amount of overdoses.

Pro tip to drug dealers, dont deal to celebrities because if something happens your ass is grass.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Cute that the cops really only care about busting these drug dealers when a celebrity dies.

f*** doin something about all the laced fent shit out there thats causing an extreme amount of overdoses.

Pro tip to drug dealers, dont deal to celebrities because if something happens your ass is grass.
Not run of the mill drug dealers, two of the defendants are doctors who had prescribed him the Ketamine.

Not that I disagree with your overall point, as it seems that criminally irresponsible conduct by doctors dispensing controlled medication is rarely heavily scrutinized, except in cases where a celebrity dies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Perry’s personal assistant, Kenneth Iwamasa, 59, was also charged. Prosecutors allege Iwamasa administered at least 27 shots of ketamine to his boss during the last five days of his life, including three final shots that resulted in his “death and serious bodily injury.”

Dayummmmmm.....Dude was doing 5+ shots a day and dropping 60K a month on K.

Barring a serious intervention, he was gonna die sooner or later doing that amount that frequently.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Not run of the mill drug dealers, two of the defendants are doctors who had prescribed him the Ketamine.

Not that I disagree with your overall point, as it seems that criminally irresponsible conduct by doctors dispensing controlled medication is rarely heavily scrutinized, except in cases where a celebrity dies.
I would also add to this, not considering themselves 'criminals' or to be under criminal investigation I bet the doctors were very very stupid about it and made it damn easy for the cops. Like I doubt your regular drug dealer is texting his buddy to say 'hey bro how much fentanyl do you think we can cut into this cocaine and still have rich kids pay the same price for it?'

The case has nothing to do with being a double standard for a celebrity.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I would also add to this, not considering themselves 'criminals' or to be under criminal investigation I bet the doctors were very very stupid about it and made it damn easy for the cops. Like I doubt your regular drug dealer is texting his buddy to say 'hey bro how much fentanyl do you think we can cut into this cocaine and still have rich kids pay the same price for it?'

The case has nothing to do with being a double standard for a celebrity.
You also don't often hear about random drug dealers nor doctors doing what these guys did being arrested when it's regular folks.

A close friend of mine committed suicide several years ago after being addicted to opioids that a doctor who ran in hollywood circles regularly got him. He ended up going to jail for a couple of years after the death and subsequent investigation.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You also don't often hear about random drug dealers nor doctors doing what these guys did being arrested when it's regular folks.

A close friend of mine committed suicide several years ago after being addicted to opioids that a doctor who ran in hollywood circles regularly got him. He ended up going to jail for a couple of years after the death and subsequent investigation.
Random drug dealers get arrested all the time for dealing bad drugs. It's certainly not just a celebrity thing. I'm not so sure about Doctor's but your 2nd paragraph contradicts the first.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Felt bad as soon as I heard they charged his assistant. This dudes life could essentially be over simply because the person they worked for was an addict in an unbalanced power dynamic. What do you do if the person you work for who is a very powerful figure in the industry and could probably essentially black ball you asks you to give them illegal drugs? You refuse, you're likely losing your job and probably out of that industry for good. You oblige and something like this could happen. Definitely not a scenario I would want to be in.

Sad situation all around.

Last edited:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
5 now charged in connection

• Five defendants have been charged in connection with the death of the Friends star Matthew Perry
  • Doctor Salvador Plasencia and Jasveen Sangha, also known as the “Ketamine Queen", are accused of working with others to distribute ketamine to Perry, 54, from September to October 2023
  • Authorities said police found a "drug-selling emporium" at Sangha's home, which included vials of ketamine, thousands of pills, cocaine and other drugs
  • Plasencia wrote in a text message, "I wonder how much this moron will pay"
  • Authorities say Perry purchased 20 vials of ketamine for $55,000 (£42,800)
The fact that someones nickname was the "Ketamine Queen" is a pretty clear indication that this person was allowed, in the past, to do this. Anyone who did not prosecute this person for past similar offenses should be held liable, but will not. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, or in this case dies.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
The fact that someones nickname was the "Ketamine Queen" is a pretty clear indication that this person was allowed, in the past, to do this. Anyone who did not prosecute this person for past similar offenses should be held liable, but will not. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, or in this case dies.
How was she free and walking around?

In August 2019, Sangha allegedly sold ketamine to a person identified only as C.M. in the indictment. C.M., died of a drug overdose the same day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad