Confirmed with Link: Matt Murray re-signs with Leafs - 1 year 875k

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
If he has recovered well from surgery and he is 100% healthy, he may be our best goalie, so that's likely why they re-signed him.

I don't think he is getting back to his pre-injury self, but we can do a lot worse for our #3.

This seems like a 0 risk move with an insanely high upside.

It's a great signing, good job Tre.

They signed him for that reason - he's likely tp pass through waivers.

You're not going to be able to sign a high quality player to be the #3 regardless of the team, they're either vets not quite good enough to be a regular backup or an unproven prospect.

Murray at least has a track record that if he's healthy he's capable of playing well enough

Well then why did they bring the Russian kid over.

If they play Murray in the AHL he's taking time, well earned I might add, away from Hildeby and Akthyamov. They could lend him to another team I suppose. But why even sign him to begin with and not just offer a PTO to see how he performs after double hip surgery.

Nobody else in the league was gonna give him a contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad