Value of: Matt Dumba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Yotes are chronically short of D talent so it would need to be another d. He doesn't seem to be a good fit up to this point. The Yotes are hanging around the last playoff spot, so this would need to be a hockey trade. We don't need the type of futures Dumba would get us. Maybe a sturdy penalty-killing defensive D. Somone who could be part of the future, we can add some decent draft pick or picks. I don't think at the moment he holds a lot of value. Maybe best to look closer to the deadline.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Dumba's averaging 2nd most ice time among D-men for the Coyotes who are currently tied for the last playoff spot. They've got injuries to D (Valimaki, Kolychonok). Dumba hasn't been as good as we'd hoped but he hasn't been awful either.

If the Yotes fall out of contention by the trade deadline, I think they offer to retain and ask for a late 2nd in return. But until they fall clearly out, it's hard to imagine Dumba getting moved.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is missed in MN for sure
Not by this Wild fan. Fun guy, but I think that Brodin is getting a new lease on life playing with a partner who he doesn't have to babysit. He's on pace for his highest point total ever, playing with Faber.

I guess I am evaluating him at his old 6M salary though. Sounds like ARI isn't happy with him even at a 1 x 4M cap hit ... he doesn't seem to be acclimating to the desert.

The only way MN could take him back(he would be an asset playing RHD on the 3rd pairing) would be if 4M went the other way, but I can't think of who. I also don't want to spend draft capital on him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not by this Wild fan. Fun guy, but I think that Brodin is getting a new lease on life playing with a partner who he doesn't have to babysit. He's on pace for his highest point total ever, playing with Faber.

I guess I am evaluating him at his old 6M salary though. Sounds like ARI isn't happy with him even at a 1 x 4M cap hit ... he doesn't seem to be acclimating to the desert.

The only way MN could take him back(he would be an asset playing RHD on the 3rd pairing) would be if 4M went the other way, but I can't think of who. I also don't want to spend draft capital on him.
When a 29 year old hits UFA, that's the time to sign long term. Really last big contract and coming off $6 mill AAV for 5 years and he has to drop it down to $4 mill on one of the worst teams last season, tells a lot about how teams feel about him. He plays a premium position at RHD.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018

I’d love to send Goligoski and a 2nd to them for Dumba retained to 2 million

Reactions: Minnesota

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
they were out of the playoff race the second the oilers started playing hockey again
Jumping the Jets might be a tall ask, but they could sneak out a 3rd in division. There is no reason to believe they can't jump the Blues and Preds at least and get a shot at a WC.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
HAHAHA you think you can build a dynasty with that defence?

In fairness, Dumba isn't going to help them build a dynasty either.

Supposedly It's not really working out for him in Arizona and he's available.

If that's the case what kind of market for him would there be?
So you want a guy who isn't very good defensively, isn't very good offensively for what reason... and then you'll blame the goalies for it.... :laugh:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In fairness, Dumba isn't going to help them build a dynasty either.

So you want a guy who isn't very good defensively, isn't very good offensively for what reason... and then you'll blame the goalies for it.... :laugh:

I know reading is hard for you but at no point did I mention the Leafs.

If this was meant as a Matt Dumba to the Leafs thread, that would be the title but It's not because It's a general value thread.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
A great part of Dumba's value lies off the ice, what role he plays in the locker room, and in the community as well. He was stellar in these roles as a Wild.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm absolutely convinced losing three of our motivators is what borked the Wild's season and I'd love to have him back. If we had that cap space he would have never been gone.

Reactions: Minnesota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad