Rumor: Matt Duchene Returns to Texas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Please be a good $$$ amount.

Honestly makes more sense to me than bringing back Tanev IMO, Marchment and Seguin looked like different players when he got put between them.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I would prefer Stamkos/Kane over Duchene. But if he signs cheap so we can sign a decent top 4 d man, then I’m happy

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I do wonder if we sign any free agent forwards at all outside of probably Carrier. Waiting til the last minute for Duchene tells me they probably weren't confident they could get anyone else
Once Duchene is signed I would hope they wouldn’t sign any forwards other than a cheap 4th liner. What’s left needs to put towards a defenseman.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That's good. I feel better about resigning Duchene than I did about Tanev, as good as he was in his short time here. I suppose we are done with Jani H, no? Or is there some chance that when he is better that Nill will resign him?

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Seems like an obvious move for the stars (especially at a discount if true) with Tanev being comically out of reach at a 6-year term. Very interested to see what we do with the d holes that remain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad