Matt Berry appreciation thread.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
1717428489664.png
1717428660824.png

1717428543414.png

God I've been on the biggest Matt Berry kick recently. I first saw him in Fallout, but didn't think much of him outside of his velvety voice as the robot Mr. Handy and the funny exchange he has with Cooper, as I had no clue who he was.

I discovered Garth Marenghi's Darkplace randomly and watched the entirety of that show, loving every minute. As I was watching this series I realized his character in Fallout. Next was The IT Crowd, which was pretty hilarious especially the portions once his character entered.

After finishing The IT Crowd I've since moved on to "What We Do In the Shadows" and it's absolutely hilarious. I just finished season 1 this morning and plan to watch through the entire series.

I've heard Toast of London is pretty good as well and may check that out after WWDITS.

This guy is an absolute comedic genius. His style of comedy lines up exactly what the kind of stuff I usually like.. From what I've learned he's pretty good musically as well, having composed a few of the works he's been on and released 9 studio albums on his own.

Any other recommendations for his work are well appreciated.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

This exact clip is how I actually discovered him. This clip came through in a compilation of shit-post/bad TV moments. Watched it a handful of times and laughed my ass off and then I decided to look up what's it was from and the rest is history.

Reactions: todeskultes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The worst part of What We Do In The Shadows is it's ending and I have to hope casting directors are smart enough to get him on board for something great.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I didn't realize that Jermaine from Flight of the Concords was the writer of the show. Makes even more sense that I love this show lol.

The worst part of What We Do In The Shadows is it's ending and I have to hope casting directors are smart enough to get him on board for something great.
Yeah he needs to be in more stuff for sure.

I just watched the Jackie Daytona episode today, absolutely comedy gold.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn't realize that Jermaine from Flight of the Concords was the writer of the show. Makes even more sense that I love this show lol.

Yeah he needs to be in more stuff for sure.

I just watched the Jackie Daytona episode today, absolutely comedy gold.
I can't say Arizona like a normal person anymore. Utah HC, aka the former Arizoniya Coyotes.

• Haha

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I can't say Arizona like a normal person anymore. Utah HC, aka the former Arizoniya Coyotes.
I live in Pennsylvania and loved the “I went to Pennsylvania because it sounds like Transylvania” joke lol.

• Haha
Reactions: HanSolo

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Just finished Toast of London last night. Goddamn what a hilarious series. "This is Clem Fandango, can you hear me?" will be forever etched in my brain lol

Got my wife into WWDITS and she's obsessed now.

Reactions: barriers

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
The Clem Fandango running joke got me every time. Toast... was one of those shows I'd watch while my wife was around but not paying attention and she mentioned how it was a little strange how I would fall over laughing, time after time, at a silly man named Clem Fandango introducing himself.

Toast of Tinseltown wasn't great but, it does star Matt Berry, so, worth a watch.

• Haha

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The Clem Fandango running joke got me every time. Toast... was one of those shows I'd watch while my wife was around but not paying attention and she mentioned how it was a little strange how I would fall over laughing, time after time, at a silly man named Clem Fandango introducing himself.

Toast of Tinseltown wasn't great but, it does star Matt Berry, so, worth a watch.
It's so stupid but so funny. The outfits are incredible. My wife has no interest in actually watching the show but she likes watching youtube compliations of Clem Fandango bits lol.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad