Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Joseph traded to Blues

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Seems like there’s more that we don’t know. I think Joseph traded for future considerations alone would be surprising, let alone the pick added. If he’s getting traded for that, clearly the demand wasn’t there.
You can get cheaper players in the market

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Joseph was bad for 75% of this contract when you really break it down. Our standards are low if we’re worried about losing a guy that was good for 40 games this season.
The 3rd round pick makes this look pretty ugly, but cap space is highly valued. Obviously Joseph's value was nowhere near his cap hit. There's also the possibility he wasn't the best influence in the locker room, or the most professional guy.

Thankfully this is the last of the bad Dorion contracts, Staios has pretty much cleaned up Dorion's messes this offseason (except Hamonic), hopefully we won't be giving out bad contracts like Joseph moving forward.

Reactions: LiseL

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Giving up an asset for a useful player is loser behaviour.

It seems like no one else in the league seems he's all that useful a player, which is why they had to give up an asset to move him.

Last summer, it was rumored that teams wanted a 1st to take him on. He was a little better for 40 games last year and his contract has 1 less year remaining on it, so now they were willing to just take a 3rd.

Reactions: LiseL

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I also wish we could bring back more players off a shit team that was shitty.
Guy got healthy scratched last year for some bulllshit - remake the roster.

Tkachuk Stuzle G
Norris Pinto Batherson
Perron Greig Amadio
Crookshank Ostapchuk Gregor

Sandy Zub
Chabot Jensen
Klevin ?

Ullmark
Forsy

Way better team, more roster flexibility - all done with his hands tied behind his back.
Nice work SS

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sucks that we had to add a third to get rid of him, but whatever. Obviously most of our cap space will be used on Pinto, but I'm interested to see what Staios does with the rest of it (although it's not much).

Our bottom six has really gone over a complete renovation this off-season. Only players that will be back next year are Greig and MacEwen (and the latter might be the 13th forward).

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Faksa is owed $2.75M is actual salary, Joseph is owed $6.6M.

Yeah over two years, and he'll justify every bit of that 3.3M per year.

If we're number counting, Faksa had about half as many points as Joseph last season.

Stars fans are thrilled they dumped him for nothing.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I also wish we could bring back more players off a shit team that was shitty.
Guy got healthy scratched last year for some bulllshit - remake the roster.

Tkachuk Stuzle G
Norris Pinto Batherson
Perron Greig Amadio
Crookshank Ostapchuk Gregor

Sandy Zub
Chabot Jensen
Klevin ?

Ullmark
Forsy

Way better team, more roster flexibility - all done with his hands tied behind his back.
Nice work SS
way better team?

Goaltending should be better but I am not sure about the rest. Chychrun, Senko, Joseph out and Jensen, Perron, Amadio are in

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Yeah over two years, and he'll justify every bit of that 3.3M per year.

If we're number counting, Faksa had about half as many points as Joseph last season.

Stars fans are thrilled they dumped him for nothing.

I'm a Sens fan and I'm happy we dumped Joseph even if it cost a 3rd to do it.

That money can and will be better spent.

The DJ Smith country club practices and bartending nights at the Pump are coming to the end.

This team is getting an attitude adjustment, as it should after all the losing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad