Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Are you saying Zadorov allows McAvoy to be more offensive because you believe Zadorov is more defensive? If so I think that's wrong. Zadorov is not a stay-at-home defenseman. He likes to join the rush as much as anyone.

I think Zadorov-McAvoy is designed to be an offensive 1st pair to be used in offensive situations.
Lindholm-Carlo was designed to play against top lines and I expect it'll stay that way.
Lohrei-Peeke will get the Krug-McQuaid treatement, I expect. Good pair, in theory.
I believe Zadorov is a beast who has learned to play both ends of the rink, but as they learn to play with each other on ice they will compliment each other and allow options for the other. McAvoy won't have to be the guy looking for the big hit all the time and he will be able to release and attack more but it's a symbiosis. One guy goes up one guy covers back. The system should allow the creativity for McAvoy since I presume they will want Zadorov to be the drop back guy more often than the reverse but sure, nobody stays home all the time in this league and Zadorov is capable to join the rush.
Just contrast the options you have now compared to McAvoy-Gryz or even McAvoy-Lindholm. It's very different now.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad