Player Discussion Marner

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
If a Rantanen in and Marner out during free agency is available, I'd take it. A Rantanen and Matthews duo would give you a very different look while maintaining that forward heavy build, adding a 50 goal, 100 point man with Stanley Cup experience.
That's a nobrainer. It's nice to dream. :)

Reactions: hullsy47
Jul 10, 2003
KW
He's gonna demand full NMC, that's the part of your post that I say isn't going to happen.

Re. guys with NMC's moving, I think we've discussed this before, I don't it's as much of a non-issue as you think it is, we disagree and that's fine.
How hard can it be to move a 12.5 million dollar (overpaid) declining soft winger with significant term left on his contract and a full NMC? Did i mention the part about being a playoff ghost? He will have negative value within the first season or two of his next deal.

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
It seems likely we're going to play out the playoffs. Mitch wants to stay? Fine, go out in FA and get offers. We'll get the option to match the best.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Marner really struggling in recent losses. In the past 3 losses Marner was a team WORST -8 +/- and went 0-0-0 points.

1729869763806.png

Leafs surrendered 15 goals against in last 3 losses and Marner was on the ice for 8 of those.

Reactions: arso40

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Its going tyo be interesting to see if Marner is roped into the N-S uncute hockey Berube wants. Berube was asked about the between the legs pass that Mccabe tried and he said:"Our whole team is getting a little cute. We just gotta play direct," Berube said. "We don't need that kinda stuff."

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Its going tyo be interesting to see if Marner is roped into the N-S uncute hockey Berube wants. Berube was asked about the between the legs pass that Mccabe tried and he said:"Our whole team is getting a little cute. We just gotta play direct," Berube said. "We don't need that kinda stuff."
Seems like Berube is taking shots at Marner without mentioning his name.
Probably the right play because when Babcock moved him to 4th line in his 2nd season, he asked for a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad