Marner vs Nylander, who do you take moving forward?

Who do take?

• Total voters
Jul 10, 2003
KW
Marner was better early on, Nylander has caught up to him and is now in the same tier, who do you take moving forward?

Please do no not take contracts into account, instead pretend they have the same contract.

Thank you in advance for your input.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
I'd choose neither...if it was an option.

Went with Marner. He seems to have slightly more heart with a more balanced and realistic outlook regarding his career choices.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Marner is far better. Nylander has never been a more productive player. Nylander won’t look the same now that he has nothing to play for. Marner will out score Nylander by 25 points this year.

Reactions: authentic

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Marner's the better playmaker, Nylander the better goal scorer. I still think Marner's a slightly more productive overall player. Marner also is good on the PK and better defensively.

Edge: Marner

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Marner is far better. Nylander has never been a more productive player. Nylander won’t look the same now that he has nothing to play for. Marner will out score Nylander by 25 points this year.

This is sort of what I’m thinking although I hope I’m wrong for the sake of seeing that elite Nylander again but I wouldn’t bank on it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Nylander seems to perform better in the playoffs whereas Marner seems too soft in the playoffs.

Reactions: BB79

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yea, if Marner plays a full season with Matthews he will. Domi would outscore Nylander and Marner if he played a full season with Matthews.

5v5 Domi produced more points per 60 than Marner did with Matthews. Matthews produced almost 2x more points per 60 with Domi than Marner.

If you care about season stats, probably take Marner because he works harder in the season (if with Matthews).

If you care about playoffs more, take Nylander because he has the natural skill, strength, and clutch ability to be a game changer. Nylanders speed, strength and shot make him dangerous in playoffs.

Once you take away Marners space and time, he is pretty damn useless. Hes too slow to skate away from danger, hes too weak and scared of contact to fend off attackers or score in close and he cant get close enough to the net to score with his slow release, muffin shot.

The plays he lives on in the season because of space are the first things taken away in the playoffs. Then those plays cost his team because he tries them anyway and the pucks given away.

He wants nothing to do with playoff physical play. At the bottom are two stills from last postseason. One of him standing watching his teammates in a scrum outnumbered 5-3. The second is a puck he stopped chasing and allowed the bruins player to get because he didnt want to risk getting hit. The bruins easily cleared the zone as a result.

I dont like either of them at 11+, but I certainly take Nylander in the playoffs.

1728321206204.jpeg

Attachments

• 1728320970506.jpeg
    1728320970506.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Nylander and not even close. Why? He disappears far less than Marner in the playoffs.

Reactions: Score08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad