• Poll closed .

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Love the changing thread titles.
1716568314304.jpeg

Reactions: DarkKnight

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yes. Primeau and Paul Coffey to Hartford for Shanahan. Coffey tried to refuse the trade and Bowman benched him. Eventually Coffey agreed.
So other teams have figured out how to move the unmovable, good to know………

Buffalo went to the final and lost to Philly in 75.
Ah yes, forgot about that, wasn’t that the fog game?

Reactions: egd27

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Mid March? He’ll be begging to be traded by Thanksgiving……….
My typo ... I meant Mid October !!

There's no point in selling low on Marner.
That's ridiculous.
He has to go.

If we're looking at a Kessel type return, I'd prefer to just keep our 100 point winger.

I don't see how we can spend 11 million dollars better.
At a minimum, to agree to a FULL MOVEMENT CLAUSE if he signs for 11 AAV.
I still think it is dumb.

The Leafs will never win anything with him. Tre picked Nylander NOT MARNER. Marner has to go.

There isn't a Tkachuck-Huberdeau type of trade available right now.
Hopefully a deal can be a hockey trade.

But Marner has to go anyway.

He can't be resigned if the goal is to make a change. Change is long overdue.

I do agree the MLSE doesnt care about winning.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
That may very well be a reality but that $11 million we are saving can also be reserved for the next offseason and that may be the big prize. That summer Saros, Rantanen and Draisaitl could be hitting free agency, and in the meantime maybe we get Marner’s best in a prove it year. But yeah, Marner’s gotta go, either this summer or next.
8rck18.jpg

There's no point in selling low on Marner.

If we're looking at a Kessel type return, I'd prefer to just keep our 100 point winger.

I don't see how we can spend 11 million dollars better. There isn't a Tkachuck-Huberdeau type of trade available right now.
Better get your eyes checked.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Easier to find complimentary players than stars. Just have to keep searching until it clicks. Seems worse having guys fight for the puck get it and then can’t do anything with it anyway.
They have 20 of them now and 5 that won’t even fight for the puck

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Insider Claims There’s a 5% Chance Marner Is Back

Although LeBrun says Marner and his camp have no intention of waiving his no-movement clause, fellow NHL insider Frank Seravalli believes the winger will be traded.

“I think there’s a five percent chance or maybe even less that he’ll be a Leaf next season,” Sersvalli said on DFO Rundown on May 19… “It makes zero sense to even enter the season where you are either signing Mitch Marner to an extension or you trade him. To start this year in the final year of his deal makes zero sense. I think there’s a single-digit percent chance that Mitch Marner is in a Maple Leafs’ uniform starting in October.”

Marner has been with the Maple Leafs since being fourth overall by Toronto in the 2015 NHL draft. He made his NHL debut during the 2016-17 NHL season and has been a star player for Toronto ever since then.

I'll say less than 5%.

Marner is hoping he doesnt need to back down. He'll eventually back down though.

The team wants him gone.

He doesnt have the mental guts to play through it next year.

Is the source trustworthy?
no.

and there is no point in almost any source before July 1.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Matthews, Marner and Nylander could very well be Steve Yzerman and Sergei Fedorov.

But the flip side of historical comparisons is they could also be Spezza, Heatley/Hossa and Alfredsson or Thornton/Marleau.
Or Perreault

14 years to win does not mean 14 years to figure out. The Red Wing had few first-round exits, but they went to conf final, 2nd rounds, and cup final before the win.
Different playoff format

Wow, more than halfway there, guess 2028 is the year……….

THIS……..
Heck...I'm happy if they get one before I die

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Or Perreault

Different playoff format

Heck...I'm happy if they get one before I die

Yeah Perreault too. But the 70s Sabres also did some damage in the playoffs…

Basically Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares and Rielly may be creating their own category of futility here if they don’t figure something out.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Please quote the exact excerpt.
“At this point, the Marner camp led by veteran agent Darren Ferris is not working on a list of teams. They have no intention as of now of producing such a list. As far as the Marner camp is concerned, the star winger has one more year on his contract with the Leafs and intends to honor it,” LeBrun wrote in his article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad