Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Let’s say marner signs for 12
Marty 13
Marner 12
Nylander 11
That’s 36 and change with lots of money to
Sign some pieces to put us over the top

Compared to

Mcdavid 16
Drai 14
Bouchard 10
Nurse 9.5
With no money left to add
It is really not so much as how much the top 4 guys make but how they perform in the playoffs.
For example,
Our big four makes about 46.65mil this season.
McD-12.5
Mack-12.6
Barkov-10
Pastra- 11.25

That’s 46.35mil.

I think having the latter four will get more bang for the bucks than our four.
Most of all, the latter four can play on three different and balance lines.

Knies-McD-Pastra
Domi-Mack-Robbie
McMann-Barkov-Calle

Are much better what we have now.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It is really not so much as how much the top 4 guys make but how they perform in the playoffs.
For example,
Our big four makes about 46.65mil this season.
McD-12.5
Mack-12.6
Barkov-10
Pastra- 11.25

That’s 46.35mil.

I think having the latter four will get more bang for the bucks than our four.
Most of all, the latter four can play on three different and balance lines.

Knies-McD-Pastra
Domi-Mack-Robbie
McMann-Barkov-Calle

Are much better what we have now.

Where did Kucherov go with his $9.5mm, and his 2 Cups to rule them all.

:thumbu:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Considering this all has nothing to do with anything…….

Can someone with better technical knowledge than me explain why Willie is seen to be a better C then Marner? Outside of face offs?

Mitch is a playmaker can carry the puck and plays D. Other than “he’s always been a winger” what’s the analysis that indicates he can’t where as Willie supposedly/hopefully can?
I don’t see what Willie does that Mitch doesn’t and Mitch is a more committed 200ft player.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Can someone with better technical knowledge than me explain why Willie is seen to be a better C then Marner? Outside of face offs?

Mitch is a playmaker can carry the puck and plays D. Other than “he’s always been a winger” what’s the analysis that indicates he can’t where as Willie supposedly/hopefully can?
I don’t see what Willie does that Mitch doesn’t and Mitch is a more committed 200ft player.

It could be about strength and speed, and the fact he wasn't able to play center at any high level?

But yeah, I've often wondered why he isn't given a go at it?

Maybe they asked and he declined?

Reactions: notDatsyuk

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I think Willie has some experience playing C at the pro level, AHL and in the Sweden league. Dad also played Center so I think he understands it. Then Willie just bigger so can handle the down low assignments better

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So Berube already adjusting marner?

1726795650747.png

:jk:

Shut off the alarm ...

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Nylander is better at rushing the puck up the ice through the center, better at breakouts and is a superior strength and speed skater than marner

Nylander also drives to the net sometimes and finishes front of net plays or from high bumper shooting areas, where marner now seems fixated at high point shots or play making from.the boards at either wing

Dont think either has any shot of being a C on a team that is in a cup or bust year (per rielly at least), but Nylander has more obvious strengths that make him seem a more passable choice and has played C in SHL and AHL at the pro level vs Marner having -10 games or so in 2016 where his OHL production went down on the Knights

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

and people dont realize than using nylander at C will result of Nylander not able to use his speed as much to create breakaway 2v1 and as much scoring chance and probably having a negative impact on his 5v5 production...

removing that part of nylander, honestly i dont know how that should help the team...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
and people dont realize than using nylander at C will result of Nylander not able to use his speed as much to create breakaway 2v1 and as much scoring chance and probably having a negative impact on his 5v5 production...

removing that part of nylander, honestly i dont know how that should help the team...

The intent is to have 3 scoring lines.

So playing to win, rather than playing not to lose.

Really, really depends on the supporting cast.

Matthews needs marner or he can't score enough.
Tavares has done well without stars on his line while with the Islanders.
Nylander will need support for the defensive part of the game, to free him up for offense, or he'll have to play more defensively and hope the Leafs have found some other assets who can score goals :biglaugh: .

Yeah, I agree outside of Matthews, Nylander, marner and Tavares there hasn't been much to worry about while facing the Leafs.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Let’s say marner signs for 12
Marty 13
Marner 12
Nylander 11
That’s 36 and change with lots of money to
Sign some pieces to put us over the top

Compared to

Mcdavid 16
Drai 14
Bouchard 10
Nurse 9.5
With no money left to add
You should at least compare the same number of players, preferably the same positions, but:

Matty 13
Marner 12
Nylander 11
Rielly 7.5

That’s 43.5

Compared to

Mcdavid 16
Drai 14
Bouchard 10
Nurse 9.5

That's 49.5

Not all that much different.

The fact that you included two forwards and two D for Edmonton, and their making the finals, shows that they have a better balance, which has been the biggest complaint against the Leafs for the last few years.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Bigger, stronger, faster, as good a playmaker, better at carrying the puck and zone entries, and a much better shot.

Better at faceoffs, and there's not as much difference in defence as some people say.

He has also played centre a lot more recently than Marner, and at a lot higher level.

That's not to say Marner may not be good at centre, but I think the likelihood is that Nylander will be better there.

There is also the possibility that this will be Mitch's last season here, while moving Willy to centre may be seen as a long term investment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad