Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I read the other day that he has potential, that has to be worth something no? Not sure how many millions exactly but something anyway amirite?

Someone else is giddy today because he skated for a few days with some star players and that means a lot because Marner's "a sponge" so who knows, maybe he's over the edge now as it is? ;)
Talks cheap, lets see if he reacts differently when he has to go into the corner with the likes of Tom Wilson or other power forwards, then we’ll get our answer……..

Reactions: Gary Nylund

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I find it interesting that Tre has not once come out and said getting Marner signed is a top priority.

He said those exact words about Matthews and Nylander so I really don't know what the plan with Marner is anymore.

My guess is that if the Leafs find some success in the post season that end up resigning him, but maybe are willing to let him walk if it turns out to be the same old song and dance
A smart GM wouldn’t sign him until the post season, snd ditto for Styles so I’m not confident Pizza Boy has learned that if it’s even his call, I’m nit convinced Tre’s anything mire that Shanahan’s puppet……

1726771401361.jpeg

Reactions: HolyCrap and Jojalu

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
Talks cheap, lets see if he reacts differently when he has to go into the corner with the likes of Tom Wilson or other power forwards, then we’ll get our answer……..

Let’s see if matthews and nylander do the same

You guys shit all over marner in every post no matter what happens yet not one of the elite 4 not one has done anything to change the outcome of any playoff series

Matthews shooting percentage is over 15 per cent regular season barely gets to 5 per in playoffs but it’s Mitch fault

I’ve seen many time nylander has bailed on hits or just curls back inside the blue line

Tavares is toast. Slow and declining.

Let Tavares go
Matthews at 13 plus Willy at 11 plus and marner at 11 plus isn’t going to kill us. It’s the Tavares contract that even at 4/5/6 will kill us

Three players making over eleven million leaves money for other players

Edmonton in two years will have mcdavid at 16 plus
Drai at 14 and Bouchard at 10 plus plus nurse at 9 plus

We have to let Tavares go unless he signs for 3 million or less

Reactions: francis246

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

You guys shit all over marner in every post no matter what happens yet not one of the elite 4 not one has done anything to change the outcome of any playoff series

Matthews shooting percentage is over 15 per cent regular season barely gets to 5 per in playoffs but it’s Mitch fault

I’ve seen many time nylander has bailed on hits or just curls back inside the blue line

Let Tavares go
Matthews at 13 plus Willy at 11 plus and marner at 11 plus isn’t going to kill us. It’s the Tavares contract that even at 4/5/6 will kill us

My comment applies to all the players who have shown a reluctance to do what’s necessary especially 34 and 88, they’re just as culpable imo…….

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Let Tavares go
Not only would this not kill us, he'd be a bargain at 5 million.

Marner panicking because the team has made no offers.

Bye Mitch.

(1) Tre shouldn't sign a contract a player cannot live up to.
(2) Team needs change, running it back (signing Marner) is not an option.
(3) Rogers deserves better.

Rogers deserves jack squat but it sounds good.
LMAO. I was wondering LOLOLOLWTFWTF and then I clicked on the spoiler.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I find it interesting that Tre has not once come out and said getting Marner signed is a top priority.

He said those exact words about Matthews and Nylander so I really don't know what the plan with Marner is anymore.

My guess is that if the Leafs find some success in the post season that end up resigning him, but maybe are willing to let him walk if it turns out to be the same old song and dance
Curious what the Marner PR crew thinks of it.

Reactions: Jojalu

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Curious what the Marner PR crew thinks of it.

I think that has more to do with leverage. If Nylander is moving to center 11.5 makes sense. Tre seems to have wanted Nylander at center since last year.

Overall, I think they want a low Marner cap hit and they are hoping he wants to stay bad enough he’ll take a little less to stay. In order for that to happen you can’t have Marner thinking you’re desperate to keep him. You have to have Marner feeling desperate to remain a leaf and play with Matthews.

I think the strategy is working too. I would not be surprised to see Marner come in on an 8 year deal at a reasonable cap hit

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
My comment applies to all the players who have shown a reluctance to do what’s necessary especially 34 and 88, they’re just as culpable imo…….
No doubt about it, they are all Beta Chokers while MGT, themsleves and fans believe they are Alpha Winners who just are right there, so close, a few bounces their ways, better supporting cast, goaltending and last but not least opposing goalies not playing great away from finally WINNING……another FIRST round.

That’s why I dont understand the faith some still have in this group, they really had done nothing to show that they can win FOUR rounds in the playoffs. All CUP winners in the recent past all won more than ONE round in the past 8 yrs before winning a Cup.

Disagreed 1000%.
Do we have Superstars players?

Have they won more than a round in playoffs?

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
No doubt about it, they are all Beta Chokers while MGT, themsleves and fans believe they are Alpha Winners who just are right there, so close, a few bounces their ways, better supporting cast, goaltending and last but not least opposing goalies not playing great away from finally WINNING……another FIRST round.

That’s why I dont understand the faith some still have in this group, they really had done nothing to show that they can win FOUR rounds in the playoffs. All CUP winners in the recent past all won more than ONE round in the past 8 yrs before winning a Cup.
I’d say as of right now they’re far more the former than the latter……..

Reactions: Gabriel426

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You can try and provoke me into flamming all you want it’s not gonna work.

I do love how every two or three posts you accuse people of throwing insults, yet do the same lol.
Its the truth... drafting Gauthier over Theodore? That was a dreadful draft, with hardly any good NHL players above Gauthier or below. The same can be said about all teams. The rumor at the time was Mantha was their target but he went the pick before. Theodore is what the third best player of the entire draft? So 90% of the teams are victims of passing on him, but you've chosen to ignore that important fact?

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think that has more to do with leverage. If Nylander is moving to center 11.5 makes sense. Tre seems to have wanted Nylander at center since last year.

Overall, I think they want a low Marner cap hit and they are hoping he wants to stay bad enough he’ll take a little less to stay. In order for that to happen you can’t have Marner thinking you’re desperate to keep him. You have to have Marner feeling desperate to remain a leaf and play with Matthews.

I think the strategy is working too. I would not be surprised to see Marner come in on an 8 year deal at a reasonable cap hit
He'll make way more money in Toronto than anywhere else. The opportunities to make money outside of hockey in TO are endless, especially a baby face like Mitch.

I have no doubt that they've had some preliminary discussions with Mitch and he probably didn't like the number at all. These are pro athletes with an ego at the end of the day and Mitch probably scoffed at the number that was lower than Willy's.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Not trying to be rude but if someone think our guys are Alpha Winners, they are delusional.
Matthews and Nylander exude confidence. Matthews being asked if hes surprised about his scoring and he said "not really" or something to that extent. Matthews pointing to the net after scoring a goal following one that was called back, holding his ear in Chicago... he is confident and competitive.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Raymond Bourque was a loser too, until he was traded to a Stanley Cup calibre team.

Happens.
Not really a loser but finished his career nicely. They had chance in 1990 but could not stop Oilers. For few years he carried the team. It's just hard to win cups if not on dynasty team.

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
O'Dog obviously meant have each other's back on the ice. Did you really think what he meant was if someone asks, say "oh yeah, player X is a great guy, we all love him"?
:laugh::laugh:

Players always say nice things about their teammates, 99% of the time they say nice things about players on other teams as well. It means nothing.
🤣🤣

Remember when we were soft as butter? Ex Leafs talk nice about Mitch now, how about that? Admit you were wrong Gary, this is hard evidence right here !!!

Or maybe that's just a thing you say about a player that could be on the spectrum. He is nice kid, I have no doubt ex teammates have no reason to talk bad about good boy and better playoff opponent.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Let Tavares go

wtf are you smoking? Nylander scored important goals, creating his own chances.

It's bizzare you think we should shit on Nylander who was 10 000% better than Mitch "useless once again in playoffs" Marner.

"yet not one of the elite 4 not one has done anything to change the outcome of any playoff series"

This is gold. Nylander scores 3 goals in 4 games, Mitch played like a dog excrement and watched Pasta skate by him for series winning goal.

Are you sure it's posters randomly choosing poor boyo Mitch as an unfortunate target while everyone is equally to blame?

Nothing to do with Mitch being an anchor among anchors each playoffs? Nope?

Thats 7M cap hit Nylander we are comparing to useless 11M RFA Mitch.Why would would put the same amount of blame on player not sponging assist out of Matthews?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad