Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If he trains hard every year with similar results every year, why should we expect different results this year?

Different coach? Quite possibly he plays with JT , which would mean Marner would shoot more. Nylander had a career year before his contract last season. It is not unusual for star players to have great years in the final year of their contracts.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Different coach? Quite possibly he plays with JT , which would mean Marner would shoot more. Nylander had a career year before his contract last season. It is not unusual for star players to have great years in the final year of their contracts.

Marner plays scared in the playoffs because he doesn't truly want to win. When you really want something you put your everything on the line. This guy is nothing but a hockey fraud on ice looking for the paycheck. Born and bread to BS the hockey world and fully aware like a video gamer in how to maximize his advanced stats.

That is not saying he isn't good. He just isn't as good as the hype machine around him.

Give him a line to run where he is the player. Let him carry JT this year even though I don't really like WN and AM together.

Cant wait to see if MMs foot speed is slower again this year. If I see that in pre they better move him out for the best they can get ASAP.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marner plays scared in the playoffs because he doesn't truly want to win. When you really want something you put your everything on the line. This guy is nothing but a hockey fraud on ice looking for the paycheck. Born and bread to BS the hockey world and fully aware like a video gamer in how to maximize his advanced stats.

That is not saying he isn't good. He just isn't as good as the hype machine around him.

Give him a line to run where he is the player. Let him carry JT this year even though I don't really like WN and AM together.

Cant wait to see if MMs foot speed is slower again this year. If I see that in pre they better move him out for the best they can get ASAP.
OR he just can’t handle high stress situations, maybe he’s got a little of what Sammy had last season? Professional help could help solve this problem, that is if it’s acceptable for Gods to seek therapy………

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So win once lose 61 times. We’re only o for 8 so far, it’s early in the evening. lol!

Edit to add. Wonder why teams just don’t keep winning they already know what they have to do just repeat
We're up to 57 - only 4 more to go!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That's why I asked. If the question wasn't relevant to you, you didn't need to respond.
It was which is why I did.

Pro tip - if you're going to throw out a vague statement directed at no one, people may respond to it and ask for clarity.

Reactions: LFKevin21

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Those are valid reasons why his production may be different this year.

But I was responding to the idea that he will be physically better. Some posters are positing that he will be (stronger, faster, harder shot) this year because of training hard, while others are insisting that he trains hard every year.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It was which is why I did.

Pro tip - if you're going to throw out a vague statement directed at no one, people may respond to it and ask for clarity.
Judging by your initial response, you didn't read the question correctly.

If it was relevant to your, why didn't you answer the simple question instead of asking me an unrelated question?

Since you say it was relevant to you, obviously you believe that he has trained hard every year, but expect different results from his training hard this year.

So, answer the original question: If he trains hard every year with similar results every year, why should we expect different results this year?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Way too many playoff games where it looks like he's just playing to survive rather then win.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Judging by your initial response, you didn't read the question correctly.

If it was relevant to your, why didn't you answer the simple question instead of asking me an unrelated question?

Since you say it was relevant to you, obviously you believe that he has trained hard every year, but expect different results from his training hard this year.

So, answer the original question: If he trains hard every year with similar results every year, why should we expect different results this year?
How you arrived at your question is what's relevant to me, seems like you pulled it out of your butt.

I don't expect different results. He will be the defensively sound, 100 point pace, #1 winger he's always been.

Reactions: notdoneyet

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
How you arrived at your question is what's relevant to me, seems like you pulled it out of your butt.

I don't expect different results. He will be the defensively sound, 100 point pace, #1 winger he's always been.
If you were wondering how I arrived at the question, why did you ask something entirely different?

Without discussing "defensively sound, 100 point pace, #1 winger", if you don't expect different results, then the question obviously was not directed at you.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
If you were wondering how I arrived at the question, why did you ask something entirely different?

Without discussing "defensively sound, 100 point pace, #1 winger", if you don't expect different results, then the question obviously was not directed at you.
:huh::help::laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
OR he just can’t handle high stress situations, maybe he’s got a little of what Sammy had last season? Professional help could help solve this problem, that is if it’s acceptable for Gods to seek therapy………

I think he is a very scared and calculated individual. Everything is probably weighed. Injury and next contract especially. He has to survive to the next payout and seemed to get a pass every other playoff.

Nobody is buying it right now. Maybe kids family and his hfboards family who are very supportive.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

100% 5v5 last two seasons he has as much points as Jesper Bratt. There are many other 8 million paid players surrounding Marner in even strength points over the last 2 seasons. While Marner plays with maybe the 2nd best player in the entire NHL and others dont.

Bratt signed for 7.8 million for 8 years last year. Why is Marner worth 54% more than Bratt?

Leafs are not winning anything if they pay Marner. Hell, ignoring his pay, we arent winning anythinf if we olay him 24 mins a night in the playoffs. The only offense he produces in playoffs is the key goals for the opposition against his own team.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
By the time Marner retires, he will easily have the most career earnings by a winger by a long shot since the salary cap era. Like I dont think anyone will even be anywhere close to what hes made over his career.

Reactions: thewave

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
By the time Marner retires, he will easily have the most career earnings by a winger by a long shot since the salary cap era. Like I dont think anyone will even be anywhere close to what hes made over his career.

Very likely.

On the other hand, this mental giant can implode in a contract year and find out in UFA how much he is worth

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Very likely.

On the other hand, this mental giant can implode in a contract year and find out in UFA how much he is worth
Only closest comparable would be Ovie and his earnings that I can think of. But if Marner's next deal is at least 11.25x8, he will have matched Ovie's entire career earnings by the end of that contract :laugh:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Those are valid reasons why his production may be different this year.

But I was responding to the idea that he will be physically better. Some posters are positing that he will be (stronger, faster, harder shot) this year because of training hard, while others are insisting that he trains hard every year.

Hope he does not come in all bulked up, that would be stupid for a guy who is known for his shiftiness.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Hope he does not come in all bulked up, that would be stupid for a guy who is known for his shiftiness.
Safe to say he’s not going to be ‘bulked up’.
Where does all this stuff come from?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If he stengthened his legs, it would allow him to be more shifty. He wouldnt collapse from the breathe of a nearby defender like he currently does. Though, he could be also collapsing as a choice, to save himself from some minor contact.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Only closest comparable would be Ovie and his earnings that I can think of. But if Marner's next deal is at least 11.25x8, he will have matched Ovie's entire career earnings by the end of that contract :laugh:

There are overpayments and then there is Mitch "We'll predict 100 points just to be wrong again" Marner @ $11M as RFA

Reactions: Bust

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I’d like to direct you all to post #205 of this thread.

A very knowledgeable, absolute stallion of a man posted this tidbit:

Knowing what we know about how the last negotiation played out - he will most likely come in at a very high number (13.5+NMCx8), but will also need a guaranteed leadership position as in his mind, he is Matthews equal (as shown in previous negotiations).

Knowing he can’t get the captain role, we will hear more through media leaks regarding the “raising cap” and why 13-13.5+ is realistic long term. The Ferris lead media will try and normalize this number, as the media did previously with Matthews, and recently with Nylander. This is all so when he comes in around 12.5, Mitch can be looked at as the hero.

It’s all image with Marner after all.. That’s why his leadership roles need to be negotiated and not earned. That extra 93k had to be tacked on to his last deal as a “tribute” to Gilmore (give me a break).

Hopefully our new management doesn't further cater to Marner and his camp and let him walk as a UFA. Enough is enough with this silver-spoon, entitled child in Toronto.

And here we are, after reports of the Drai contract - Marners camp, the shill media/reporters and the Marner fan club on this forum beating that drum and normalizing a number way out of the scope of the players value.

Round and round we go ladies and gents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad