Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Marner has always worked out and trained or he wouldn’t be playing in the NHL. My question or concern from the outside is whether he works on his weaknesses.
Going to Mac’s BioSteel workout in Colorado isn’t a bad thing. It shows he’s dedicated and will be pushed hard.

That’s fine for that particular player, but that’s not necessarily what I’m talking about.
I’m sure he has always put in a certain amount of training but the idea is that he is going full on workout freak. I know it’s just another attempt to spin some of the fan ire away from him .
Going to bio steel is a great thing and good on him for finally realizing what it takes to reach the next level.
All kibitzing aside I hope he shows up and is a real force to be reckoned with no his historical put up, points when the pressure is low.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I keep seeing rumors about Marner demanding the same if not more than Draisaitl's AAV which I don't understand how that's possible. Doesn't matter if he can put up 100 point seasons or whatever. Draisaitl has a playoff resume. Marner doesn't.
Where are you seeing these rumours?
I doubt very much they exist.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m sure he has always put in a certain amount of training but the idea is that he is going full on workout freak. I know it’s just another attempt to spin some of the fan ire away from him .
Going to bio steel is a great thing and good on him for finally realizing what it takes to reach the next level.
All kibitzing aside I hope he shows up and is a real force to be reckoned with no his historical put up, points when the pressure is low.
Being invited shows what his peers think of him and if he’s working to improve it shows a great deal of maturity and leadership. He has God given talent and if he’s maximizing that talent that’s all he can do.
Maybe he hates losing, maybe he hates that he was a contributor to the losses and is trying right himself.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
As a Leaf fan, I look forward to the day when the Anti-marner nerds get their wish and chase him out of town, only to look back and wish they didn't do that. Nazem Kadri history repeating itself type thing

Kadri <> marner

Don't forget Kadri did the same thing in Colorado, and probably got away with one when he kadri injured binnington - Google Suche

I think Kadri is in the ideal situation today.

Calgary is nice easy town to live in, and no expectations for team success.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Being invited shows what his peers think of him and if he’s working to improve it shows a great deal of maturity and leadership. He has God given talent and if he’s maximizing that talent that’s all he can do.
Maybe he hates losing, maybe he hates that he was a contributor to the losses and is trying right himself.
End of the day marners issues have always been mental (the way he folds when things get tough and not being able to play when the physicality is upped and there's less space). Going to a biosteel camp changes non of that.

Can only hope he's been working with a sports psychologist all these years.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Would he be there if not for the Four Nations Cup?

Curious, has he trained with them before in the off-season?

I'd be interested to see McKinnon, Crosby, marner line on the Avs.

marner for Rantanen
Crosby for Middlestadt

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
If he trains hard every year with similar results every year, why should we expect different results this year?
What different results are you expecting?

He trains with those guys every off season

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What different results are you expecting?

He trains with those guys every off season

He may train but he has been getting worse now for the past couple seasons. He is obviously slower is the one issue. He hasn't been able to adapt to hard playoff style play is the biggest.

I wish I could witness him carry a line like WN or AM. He can't though.

Reactions: rumman

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
End of the day marners issues have always been mental (the way he folds when things get tough and not being able to play when the physicality is upped and there's less space). Going to a biosteel camp changes non of that.
I disagree, I think hes trying to live up to expectations that are above his abilities. Everyone keeps saying its in his head, he cares too much etc.

I think this is true, I believe he wants to live up to the expectations but at the NHL level he just doesnt have the skills. Maybe he did in Jr, but many very good jr players struggle at the NHL level. Especially when they lack size and speed.

Marner lacks lower body strength. He certainly is in the bottom 50% in strength and size = struggles in tight checking games

Marner lacks speed = struggles in playoffs when everyone is moving faster. Hes in the bottom 50% speed according to NHL.com.

Marner lacks shot speed = struggles when hes pushed further to perimeter in playoffs. Hes in the bottom 50% in the NHL according to NHL.com

He also lacks courage, tenacity, determination grit, competiveness etc. He is scared of corners, scrums and never is angry at an opponent or at losing. His emotions never boil over like others stars, such as Mcdavid, Crosby etc.

When you lack all these traits that other stars have...how does anyone expect that he will have the same success as they do? Hr will always need am elite linemate to càrry the play for him in the playoffs in order for him to succeed.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I do honestly hope you are right

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If he trains hard every year with similar results every year, why should we expect different results this year?
Maybe doing the same thing, won’t give you the same results. If I spun a roulette wheel 5 times, I’d more than likely not get the same results.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe doing the same thing, won’t give you the same results. If I spun a roulette wheel 5 times, I’d more than likely not get the same results.
Possibly the weirdest analogy I've seen in a long time, but yes, if you spin a roulette wheel 5 times you would get the same result - the wheel will eventually stop spinning and the ball will be in one of the 62(?) slots. :sarcasm:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yup... Marner in his contract year, is finally putting in the work that elite players do every single offseason?? Im not surprised.

Remember Marner supporters say his body type doesnt allow muscle growth:

Here is St louis in his early years vs as a veteran:

I guess Martin St.Louis didnt get the memo that his body type wouldnt allow his to have the body of an elite athlete.

View attachment 905700

View attachment 905702
View attachment 905703
Not to derail this but Cowan, from the few shots they have on TSN from training this year looks
like he's manning up.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Not even just guys like Marner. Funny enough, him suggesting in-season strength training every day just exposed him not knowing anything about strength training.

Not sure where anybody got the idea that he "only puts in the work going into his contract year". He trains hard every year. That's how he became and maintains being a top tier player in the world.
Only regular season…he sucks in playoffs because he is scared of his shadow

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Possibly the weirdest analogy I've seen in a long time, but yes, if you spin a roulette wheel 5 times you would get the same result - the wheel will eventually stop spinning and the ball will be in one of the 62(?) slots. :sarcasm:
So win once lose 61 times. We’re only o for 8 so far, it’s early in the evening. lol!

Edit to add. Wonder why teams just don’t keep winning they already know what they have to do just repeat.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I didn't say I was expecting different results - other posters seem to expect different results and I was wondering why.
You should quote them and ask. I haven’t seen it myself.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Kadri <> marner

Don't forget Kadri did the same thing in Colorado, and probably got away with one when he kadri injured binnington - Google Suche

I think Kadri is in the ideal situation today.

Calgary is nice easy town to live in, and no expectations for team success.

See it's interesting how those fans who chased him out are still trying to convince themselves that it was the right move lol

They haven't had a proper 3C since, they got fleeced on the deal because of fan pressures, and Kadri won a cup.

I can see it now. Marner traded, Toronto fleeced, Marner wins a cup, the fans who hated on Marner will blame the GM, the cycle will continue for us in Toronto.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Would he be there if not for the Four Nations Cup?

Curious, has he trained with them before in the off-season?

I'd be interested to see McKinnon, Crosby, marner line on the Avs.

marner for Rantanen
Crosby for Middlestadt
I don’t believe he has trained with them before and I don’t know if it has anything to do with the four nations, other than all three will be on the team.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Marners contract year motto:

IMG_0996.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad