Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Magic Mitch is going to finally achieve a season of 100+ points this year.

Mark my words.

Is he going to be worth his contract next season? Absolutely not.

But he will go on a tear this year?
100%.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You read minds?

He would follow the advice of the conditioning coaches employed by the team. It’s how pro sports works.
I’m sure he does. That’s how HS and College work, as well that’s why they all have these enormous gyms and workout equipment. Some guys just dont ever get strong enough.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Should have been dedicated to strength workout almost everyday not just just the off-season.

For a guy who is doing on/off cardio every day for 2 to 3 hour stretches, pretty sure that qualifies as a workout... for guys like Marner, who are shifty skilled guys, every day strength training is the last thing you want to do. How many times have we seen guys bulk up in the off season only to injure a ligament in the first couple of weeks?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Give him same deal as Nylander or goodbye. He does some things better some things worse.
Hard pass.

Let him walk.

He’s going to quarterback PP2 for me. Probably drive the 3rd line. For me he needs to showcase his talents by driving his own line.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Reactions: diceman934

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Should have been dedicated to strength workout almost everyday not just just the off-season.
Yup... Marner in his contract year, is finally putting in the work that elite players do every single offseason?? Im not surprised.

Remember Marner supporters say his body type doesnt allow muscle growth:

Here is St louis in his early years vs as a veteran:

I guess Martin St.Louis didnt get the memo that his body type wouldnt allow his to have the body of an elite athlete.

1725758223347.png

1725758259809.png

1725758275970.png

Reactions: rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
For a guy who is doing on/off cardio every day for 2 to 3 hour stretches, pretty sure that qualifies as a workout... for guys like Marner, who are shifty skilled guys, every day strength training is the last thing you want to do. How many times have we seen guys bulk up in the off season only to injure a ligament in the first couple of weeks?
They sure as heck bulk up their legs. But im thinking more about strength training.

Reactions: rumman

png57

Oct 5, 2022
I keep seeing rumors about Marner demanding the same if not more than Draisaitl's AAV which I don't understand how that's possible. Doesn't matter if he can put up 100 point seasons or whatever. Draisaitl has a playoff resume. Marner doesn't.

Reactions: rumman and HolyCrap

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
For a guy who is doing on/off cardio every day for 2 to 3 hour stretches, pretty sure that qualifies as a workout... for guys like Marner, who are shifty skilled guys, every day strength training is the last thing you want to do.
Not even just guys like Marner. Funny enough, him suggesting in-season strength training every day just exposed him not knowing anything about strength training.
It’s such a huge red flag when a player only puts in the work going into his contract year.
Not sure where anybody got the idea that he "only puts in the work going into his contract year". He trains hard every year. That's how he became and maintains being a top tier player in the world.

Reactions: notdoneyet

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Because he is looked as a God

Especially just not after 7 years in the league
Marner has always worked out and trained or he wouldn’t be playing in the NHL. My question or concern from the outside is whether he works on his weaknesses.
Going to Mac’s BioSteel workout in Colorado isn’t a bad thing. It shows he’s dedicated and will be pushed hard.

Yup... Marner in his contract year, is finally putting in the work that elite players do every single offseason?? Im not surprised.

Remember Marner supporters say his body type doesnt allow muscle growth:

Here is St louis in his early years vs as a veteran:

I guess Martin St.Louis didnt get the memo that his body type wouldnt allow his to have the body of an elite athlete.

View attachment 905700

View attachment 905702
View attachment 905703
That’s fine for that particular player, but that’s not necessarily what I’m talking about.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I keep seeing rumors about Marner demanding the same if not more than Draisaitl's AAV which I don't understand how that's possible. Doesn't matter if he can put up 100 point seasons or whatever. Draisaitl has a playoff resume. Marner doesn't.
I haven't been paying close attention so I haven't seen these rumors. If true though, that's just LOLOLOLOLOLOL insane. I'll be polite and just say that we should have traded him before his NMC kicked in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad