Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Actually, William may have been the guilty player as his reply to it all was just shoot the puck.

LOL exactly but yet we are getting screen caps and being told it’s about Marner getting cross checked when on the broadcast they literally say Nylander was going off about just shoot it. There was a clear miscommunication about what was supposed to happen on that PP.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
No. First of all most of the argument was cut off because it happened during a TV timeout. They only put out the final moments on live TV.

During the TV timeout Keefe was basically going at PP1 for being ineffective. I don’t know exactly what he said, but I know he was pissed off with all of them. But then he talks to Matthews directly. Matthews then gets pissed off because there was a play they have been trying to do and they have not be able to make it happen and Keefe is literally chewing his ear off (so it’s safe to assume
keefe is on him about the lack of effectiveness) so he starts yelling at Nylander. Nylander responds back to Matthews with the infamous sentence but because of editing it looks like it’s at Marner but people there have posted pictures and anecdotes that Matthews and Nylander were arguing.

Marner throwing his gloves was a combination of still being pissed off at the refs, they are getting their ass kicked and everyone is being pissy and yelling. Just his way of showing frustration.

As I’ve said before my younger brother worked in MLSE, has now moved over to the Blue Jays front office staff, so was fortunate enough to meet some good people in the leafs org through him and then my former assistant coach I used to coach with works for Sportsnet and CBC in broadcast. So I trust my sources on this. The editing made the situation look way worse than it actually was.

It's like you are talking to a rock, nothing is getting through ... how many times is it now that you've accurately shared the same story?

Most emotion we've seen from the three when losing. It was good to see. Unfortunately Marner came out looking not so good.

Willie came out looking like he gave a shit. More please.

Marner throwing the gloves in the direction of the training staff was King Douchy. Really did not like that.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It's like you are talking to a rock, nothing is getting through ... how many times is it now that you've accurately shared the same story?

Marner throwing the gloves in the direction of the training staff was King Douchy. Really did not like that.

About a thousand haha. I mean most of it accessible on YouTube. You can even see Matthews extends his eye view past Marner and Bertuzzi. He’s not looking at either of those two.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

JFK assasination investigation was just a half assed attempt compared to this.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
No. First of all most of the argument was cut off because it happened during a TV timeout. They only put out the final moments on live TV.

During the TV timeout Keefe was basically going at PP1 for being ineffective. I don’t know exactly what he said, but I know he was pissed off with all of them. But then he talks to Matthews directly. Matthews then gets pissed off because there was a play they have been trying to do and they have not be able to make it happen and Keefe is literally chewing his ear off (so it’s safe to assume
keefe is on him about the lack of effectiveness) so he starts yelling at Nylander. Nylander responds back to Matthews with the infamous sentence but because of editing it looks like it’s at Marner but people there have posted pictures and anecdotes that Matthews and Nylander were arguing

Marner throwing his gloves was a combination of still being pissed off at the refs, they are getting their ass kicked and everyone is being pissy and yelling. Just his way of showing frustration.

As I’ve said before my younger brother worked in MLSE, has now moved over to the Blue Jays front office staff, so was fortunate enough to meet some good people in the leafs org through him and then my former assistant coach I used to coach with works for Sportsnet and CBC in broadcast. So I trust my sources on this. The editing made the situation look way worse than it actually was.
Im sorry to inform you but your brothers version does not make sense in the least based on the broadcast.

This is evidence the Marner group literally just makes stuff up and then support eachother selling it as "common knowledge".

Im watching the broadcast right now:
Your version of events that do not makes whatsoever based on broadcast timeline:

#1) Your version: During the TV timeout Keefe was basically going at PP1 for being ineffective. I don’t know exactly what he said, but I know he was pissed off with all of them. But then he talks to Matthews directly.

What the broadcast shows:

1) The argument caught on camera occured with around 6 mins left in 2nd period. The Leaf didnt even have a powerplay in the 2nd period. Why did Keefe decide to attack Matthews about a powerplay with 6 mins left in the 2nd, if the last pp they had was midway through the 1st?

2) There was no TV time-out. The argument literally occurs seconds after they sit down together after the blown whistle.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Im sorry to inform you but your brothers version does not make sense in the least based on the broadcast.

This is evidence the Marner group literally just makes stuff up and then support eachother selling it as "common knowledge".

Your version of events that do not makes whatsoever based on broadcast timeline:

#1) Your version: During the TV timeout Keefe was basically going at PP1 for being ineffective. I don’t know exactly what he said, but I know he was pissed off with all of them. But then he talks to Matthews directly.

1) The argument caught on camera occured with around 6 mins left in 2nd period. The Leaf didnt even have a powerplay in the 2nd period. Why did Keefe decide to attack Matthews about a powerplay with 6 mins left in the 2nd, if the last pp they had was midway through the 1st?

2) There was no TV time-out. The argument literally occurs seconds after they sit down together after the blown whistle.

There had been a lot of arguing that entire game. Keefe and Matthews get into it just before 9 minutes left in the period. As I said the editing on the broadcast and the isolation cams made it seem like it was about Marner.they had been going back and forth for a while.

And my brother does not give 2 shits about hockey hahaha. He would not entertain having a discussion about hockey, he doesn’t even watch the leafs. He just worked for MLSE

We are beating a dead horse, I’m not going to convince you, you’re not going to convince me. I have zero energy arm to keep going back and forth

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's not an unusual scenario, my neighbour was a amateur scout for the Flames and a fan of a certain team (not the Flames), he never played in the NHL but I would take a reasonable guess that he knows more about hockey than many former NHLer's.

Two independent events connected by one failure to execute?

You do understand you answered your own question, right?
It’s a two way street, one can’t dismiss laymen’s opinions and then turn around and dismiss NHL insider’s opinions in my opinion, but why let facts get in the way of a good narrative. This place is ripe with hypocrisy and hypocrites………..

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There had been a lot of arguing that entire game. Keefe and Matthews get into it just before 9 minutes left in the period. As I said the editing on the broadcast and the isolation cams made it seem like it was about Marner.they had been going back and forth for a while.

And my brother does not give 2 shits about hockey hahaha. He would not entertain having a discussion about hockey, he doesn’t even watch the leafs. He just worked for MLSE

We are beating a dead horse, I’m not going to convince you, you’re not going to convince me. I have zero energy arm to keep going back and forth

I for one don’t need convincing, I know what happened

Reactions: francis246

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Matthews doesnt look angry in the least talking to Keefe. Looks like a typical coach/player message. That Matthews gives a typical got it coach nod to.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I for one don’t need convincing, I know what happened
Yup... Francis said he knew too. And had an insider who gave him the ifo.

But then @francis246 version made no sense:

- It was about a pp (there was no pp in the 2nd)
- it was after during a tv break (no it was not).

Then he changed to a different version lol.

You showed your support of his 1st version by giving him a like...but apparently knew that it didnt make sense?

Haha... this is exactly why Marner fans dont post their evidence and instead name call because when they try to explain themselves it all just falls apart.

Stick to the name calling... guys. Thats my advice.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

You showed your support of his 1st version by giving him a like...but apparently knew that it didnt make sense?

Haha... this is exactly why Marner fans dont post their evidence and instead name call because when they try to explain themselves it all just falls apart.

I haven’t changed my version at all I’ve posted the same version 3 or 4 times.

And get off your high horse, whose name calling?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I’ll leave it with this. Next man up does a good lip read of the situation and explains it to how I’ve understood it to go down. The shortened version on X makes it seem like he said something about juniors but that wasn’t the case

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

I’ll leave it with this. Next man up does a good lip read of the situation and explains it to how I’ve understood it to go down. The shortened version on X makes it seem like he said something about juniors but that wasn’t the case

@Dekes For Days your gonna want to see this video... the creator breaks down the Marner PK and says exactly what I said...Marner defended it wrong and makes a "weak defensive effort" (on top of missing the block and putting himself out of position) resulting in the pp goal against

4 min mark... didnt you say I was misinterpretting the play, and was using pictures to distort the truth. Lol this guy says exactly what I said.

Yet you said Marner played it right.

Am I shocked absolutely not.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
The Leafs are speaking to *EVERYONE* but Marner.

View attachment 905444

Whoa .... I wonder what that means ?

It means he is gonzo.

Bye Mitch. GL in Columbus.
buh-bye-now-chris-brander.gif

Got to love how the Marner fans always make it personal... and wont just discuss hockey.

Its..haha a spelling error!
Or lol sisnt get a job at Athletic...!

Or you misrepresent facts! But i wont post any myself
Bingo. Easy to see.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007

How dare you bring up facts that destroy the Marner Defense Team's narrative!

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007

And yet, they don't get "infracted" for it. I wonder why?

Oh, I know....

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

-Upton Sinclair-

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
@Dekes For Days your gonna want to see this video... the creator breaks down the Marner PK and says exactly what I said...Marner defended it wrong and makes a "weak defensive effort" (on top of missing the block and putting himself out of position) resulting in the pp goal against

4 min mark... didnt you say I was misinterpretting the play, and was using pictures to distort the truth. Lol this guy says exactly what I said.

I don’t think anyone can really question Marner’s play in that game.. it was bad. That was the worst game of the series by far for everyone.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
And yet, they don't get "infracted" for it. I wonder why?

Oh, I know....

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

-Upton Sinclair-

You should be the last to talk about infractions. I’ve literally seen you call people out of their names in multiple threads. You’re not innocent of it. This is a message board people will always say tacky shit to get under others skins. Stop playing victim haha

You throw that little Marner defense team jab and worse every chance you get. It’s kinda funny and makes me laugh, but I don’t cry about it. I understand it’s apart of being online. It’s no more harmless than me saying Mess didn’t get hired by the athletic.

Reactions: Metroid

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
You should be the last to talk about infractions. I’ve literally seen you call people out of their names in multiple threads. You’re not innocent of it. This is a message board people will always say tacky shit to get under others skins. Stop playing victim haha
My comment stands. This place is hardly the neutral media it presents itself as. I call out posters who it is blatantly obvious have a financial interest in ensuring Marner's employment in Toronto continues, and every single time I do it, my post gets deleted. That's not "name calling" at all.

It's an observation. And even time I do it, I'm censored. What does that tell you?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
My comment stands. This place is hardly the neutral media it presents itself as. I call out posters who it is blatantly obvious have a financial interest in ensuring Marner's employment in Toronto continues, and every single time I do it, my post gets deleted. That's not "name calling" at all.

It's an observation. And even time I do it, I'm censored. What does that tell you?

LOL who do you think gets paid to support Marner I’m intrigued? I mean I wish I did. Easy money.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You say you're going to stop talking to me, and then the next day you're back to tagging me. Am I shocked? Absolutely not.

What I actually said is that you were wrong in your descriptions, the way he played it had benefits you refused to acknowledge, it didn't result in anything dangerous for the PK, and it wasn't the cause of the goal. All of that remains true. You have missed the point. There are advantages and disadvantages to both stick placements, and while he probably would have been better off on the right in this particular situation, It. Doesn't. Matter. You're arguing over what is at most a slightly worse stick placement for one second of a nothing play that results in nothing.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that finding somebody on the internet that shares an incorrect opinion of yours does not make it correct. You can find people that agree with anything. That form of argument is classified as a logical fallacy for a reason. I do not care about the unsubstantiated opinions of kids on Youtube, much less in videos titled "this team is a complete dumpster fire". A video, I may add, that also completely disputes other arguments of yours. If you're going to post videos, it should probably be the ones you promised days ago. But those would show that you were wrong.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
If you go on reddit then r/leafs and sort by top post of the year you get a suitable result 🤣

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Down 2-1 and that’s what the core brings…..every time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad