Marner has reportedly hired private security and is refusing to speak with some members of the media

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I am out in Edmonton and I have Marner's name about 500 times compared to Nylander. JT about 7 times and Matthews once. There is a lot of smoke with the hatred towards MM right now and I am guessing that it has gone to the dark side. Everyone has decided he is the bad guy and my guess it has gone beyond acceptable at this point in time
Keefe was fired.

He's being held accountable. And said as much after they were eliminated.

The core 4.
Mathhews had been bashed around the GTA in past play off performances . Losses to the Habs and Panthers particularly.
Nylander Bruins , Jackets, Habs.
Marner Bruins , Habs, Panthers , Bruins again.

No one guy from the core gets it.

Marner was ass in this series. Out scored by Frederick, Debrusk, Marchand, Pasternac,
He's a big boy ...( I think) he should be able to take it

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Ya dont see it in Toronto either. Till today.
Didn't Marner just say he's been treated like a God in Toronto. ?
Guys don't wanna play in Canada because of media like this. Why does he need guards? Ridiculous IMO.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I remember arguing with folks telling me Kessel was untradeable and a locker room cancer and no team would ever take him. I remember when Leaf fans were laughed at for literally years for saying Tavares was coming home and how shocked people were when it happened. A month later it was apparently common knowledge. I remember a poll showing Tavares was a top 7 center in the league in June, and another one was done 6 weeks later after he signed in Toronto and he was just inside the top 20.

This will be the same thing. Folks who made fun of the Leafs core will say it was never Marner. Always the guys we keep, never the guys we move. Keefe will go on and get a team to the playoffs and be called a good coach, and the folks saying playoffs are all that matter will shift goalposts for the argument.

You know it.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Funny, in the last 72 hours I've read on the main boards more of misquoting and misrepresenting what Marner said (saying he called himself a god which btw has a thousand likes on front page).

Leafs market can be toxic, but neutral fans are equally as toxic and help drive these toxic narratives through social media. Also reading some the things said about Keefe today, the main board thread is way more toxic than the Leafs board one.

“Stop making me hit you.”

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Wow Marner ducking responsibility/accountability ? What a new foreign concept, never would have guessed a guy as honorable as Mitch would do something like that.

Say whatever you want about the media, they absolutely have a right to ask for answers when you pull the stunts that Marner did in his negotiations and then be a complete no show in the playoffs.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Toronto treats their stars like this and wonders why they can't sign any big name free agents without hilariously overpaying them.

Reactions: General Fanager

Mar 26, 2010
Can not wait for Paul Marner to be off the team. Good riddance. Toxic player in the locker room.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
I'm not saying it's deserved, but when you absolutely bend the organization over in contract negotiations, and follow it up with 5 years of some of the worst playoff performances ever, I find it hard to have sympathy
It’s not deserved at all you f***in lunatic.

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto treats their stars like this and wonders why they can't sign any big name free agents without hilariously overpaying them.
I see you are from San Jose. That is a very interesting post, considering a fact that your team offered Tavares $13M @ 7 years. He took a pay cut to come home to Toronto.

:popcorn:

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I see you are from San Jose. That is a very interesting post, considering a fact that your team offered Tavares $13M @ 7 years. He took a pay cut to come home to Toronto.

:popcorn:

and how's that working our for ya? :)

Tavares didn't want to play on the West Coast, has nothing to do with our team specifically.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Mar 26, 2010
and how's that working our for ya? :)

Tavares didn't want to play on the West Coast, has nothing to do with our team specifically.
Not the point. Your team offered substantially more than Toronto did. You were taking a shot at Toronto overpaying, yet your team was paying even more lmfao. Just because JT flipped the sharks the bird, does not change the fact that San Jose tried to pay more. He took a discount to play in Toronto.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Fanbases and media-- the entities from which franchises get their $ -- want to hear from players, not just coaches.

I kinda don’t. If the teams remotely do their jobs, these players will be giving you the stock answer du jour. I don’t need to hear Dylan Larkin say “well, we skated hard… need to keep the intensity up and put pucks on net. “

Honestly, I only need to hear from players and coaches when they make an actual flub or indefensible decision. Like Ken Holland missing on Ryan Suter and Zach Parise and instead signing Mikael Samuelsson, Jordin Tootoo and Carlo Colaiacovo. I want the reasoning for that… not normal day to day shit

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Not the point. Your team offered substantially more than Toronto did. You were taking a shot at Toronto overpaying, yet your team was paying even more lmfao. Just because JT flipped the sharks the bird, does not change the fact that San Jose tried to pay more. He took a discount to play in Toronto.

The point is what I said, he didn't want to sign with a west coast team. What part of that are you not getting?

Mar 26, 2010
The point is what I said, he didn't want to sign with a west coast team. What part of that are you not getting?
What part are you not getting, you tried to troll the leafs by saying they have to overpay to get players. Even when your team overpays even more, they can’t even buy a big Mac.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I kinda don’t. If the teams remotely do their jobs, these players will be giving you the stock answer du jour. I don’t need to hear Dylan Larkin say “well, we skated hard… need to keep the intensity up and put pucks on net. “

Honestly, I only need to hear from players and coaches when they make an actual flub or indefensible decision. Like Ken Holland missing on Ryan Suter and Zach Parise and instead signing Mikael Samuelsson, Jordin Tootoo and Carlo Colaiacovo. I want the reasoning for that… not normal day to day shit
Fine, that's you. A lot of people want the sound bites from the players.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
What part are you not getting, you tried to troll the leafs by saying they have to overpay to get players. Even when your team overpays even more, they can’t even buy a big Mac.

that still doesn't address the FACT that nobody wants to play for Toronto unless they're overpaid. You're the one who brought up San Jose, not me. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Aaaand reason #872 why players wanna play for certain teams in the States and away from that chaos
Mitch Marner has more endorsements deals than any other player in the league. I'm sure he would have gotten those if he played in the South, right? The only player to have half as many endorsements as Marner and not being on a Canadian or Original Six team is Ovechkin (who still only has half).

Guys making 10-100 times more salaries than doctors who have the stress of literally having people's life in their hands and work 20 hours straight, plus he's banking side jobs that probably get him more money then everyone on this page will make this year combined.

Sorry, I don't care if it's hard on him. You want the benefits of playing in a big market then deal with the negatives. It's worth the money.

Mar 26, 2010
that still doesn't address the FACT that nobody wants to play for Toronto unless they're overpaid. You're the one who brought up San Jose, not me. Stop trying to move the goal posts.
Hahaha….nobody wants to play for Toronto? Hockey Mecca homie. Biggest hockey market in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad