Proposal: Marner for Swayman +

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Bruins are not adding to Swayman for Marner lol.
Well, you do have to even out salaries.

I feel like Poitras is too much an add from the Bruins side, but if this were to go down, Swayman is not enough to nab Marner IMO, especially given the impass the Bruins are facing.

I was initially doing Swayman + Frederic + ?.

Ledge And Dairy

Well, you do have to even out salaries.

I feel like Poitras is too much an add from the Bruins side, but if this were to go down, Swayman is not enough to nab Marner IMO, especially given the impass the Bruins are facing.

I was initially doing Swayman + Frederic + ?.
Poitras being too much to add is putting it lightly. Boston has adds because of cap reasons but Toronto isn't getting the pending UFA here. So Toronto should be the team adding futures

Reactions: SensontheRush

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
There's also the fact that 1RW is likely the position that the Bruins need the least, haha.
I think we are talking skilled enough players that handedness wouldn't really get in the way of stacking a 1st with Marner and Pasta. Nor is attempting to build two 1st lines problematic IMO.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think we are talking skilled enough players that handedness wouldn't really get in the way of stacking a 1st with Marner and Pasta. Nor is attempting to build two 1st lines problematic IMO.
In itself it isn't, but when you look at their goalie situation without Swayman, virtually no amount of scoring will help.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Trade value aside, I don't know if the Bruins even could fit Marner's next cap hit under the cap if they wanted to (which they probably don't since they already have one winger making 8 figures). Marchand, Geekie, Frederic, & Lohrei will all likely be due for decent raises -- and it's not like they have that many awful cap dumps that they'd want to ship out (other than Korpisalo who they'd apparently be riding with if they traded Swayman).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad