Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's been one game, so we are jumping to conclusions here, but I would agree in that one game, he just didn't look ready. If he isn't ready, and we have better options at this time, there really isn't any choice.. he's going back... and he's going back with plenty of advice on to what he NEEDS to work on. The competition in Junior might not help him advance, but working on those areas of his game that make him more NHL ready will. Playing best on best at WJC will help his development. Maybe playing C will help his development. But he's a driven kid, and he's not going to stagnate. He'll grow up a year, be stronger, and better for it. His time will come.

Didn't he spend some time playing C last year?
Not a lot, but some.

Reactions: supermann_98

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Still time for Grebenkin to show out but I think the most likely outcome is he goes down to the AHL to better acclimate to North America. Some point later on he's a mid-season call-up and like McMann last year he proves himself to be invaluable and sticks with the team for the long-haul.

Reactions: Fogelhund

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Still time for Grebenkin to show out but I think the most likely outcome is he goes down to the AHL to better acclimate to North America. Some point later on he's a mid-season call-up and like McMann last year he proves himself to be invaluable and sticks with the team for the long-haul.
Yup I think it's a great option. Too bad Minten is hurt. Thats probably 2 3rds of your top line on the Marlies. I wonder if Abruzzese would be a good fit with them. A pure playmaker.

Related, anyone know when Marlies camp opens?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad