Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Petruzzelli was an RFA .. he wasn't qualified and is a UFA .. I think Cavallin was on a one-year deal? I see it as:

Leafs:

- Woll 1A
- Stolarz 1B

Marlies

- Hildeby #1
- Murray #2
- Akhtyamov #3

Notes: Murray starts as the #3 for the Leafs and will have to go through waivers. They'll probably give Hildeby the starting role (he started over 50% of the games this season). If he keeps playing well, he'll probably get some starts for the Leafs if an opportunity comes up.

Murray will be the clear cut #2 to get some game action in case the Leafs need him early. Akhtyamov will have to battle for playing time and take a job. He may not get a lot of games right away, but maybe more as the season goes if he earns it. He could also get loaned back to Russia.

There is also Peksa in the mix but he didn't do that great with Newfoundland. I wonder if he goes back to Russia.

I think Peksa started so unbelievably poorly for the Growlers that the fact he got his save percentage up to .890 at the end indicate he finished quite strongly.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
this junior team for Canada is looking absolutely stacked at all skater positions. A fair amount of returning players and Canada dominated the 1st round of the draft this year. Would be stunned if Chadwick made the team but just being invited to camp is a huge boost, to know he's on Canada's radar. Getting a legit prospect from the 6th round is already a win.

Reactions: aingefan

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Jay O’Brien on the Charlotte Checkers now? So injured all season, doesn’t play a minute then is now on another team. I was looking forward to seeing him play on the Marlies last year. Strange situation that he kind of just disappeared after his injury.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Jay O’Brien on the Charlotte Checkers now? So injured all season, doesn’t play a minute then is now on another team. I was looking forward to seeing him play on the Marlies last year. Strange situation that he kind of just disappeared after his injury.
Johnny Tychonick is another odd one, imo.
Wasn't injured, but was ineligible to sign an NHL deal because Ottawa had his rights, but he toiled all season with Newfoundland and then the Marlies, and had a pretty strong showing.
Now he's suddenly removed from Ottawa's Reserve List, free to sign anywhere he wants in North America, and now takes the opportunity to go to Europe.

I'm sure it's a matter of Toronto wasn't willing to give him anything more than a minor league contract and the SHL was just a better deal/opportunity, but turned pro and developed by the Toronto organization when they've couldn't have signed him even if they wanted to, only to be turned loose when they could.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Hey mods: would it be possible or worthwhile to have a dedicated thread stickied for tracking undrafted free agents? I always enjoy hearing about potential signees out of Europe and college, but the information is always scattered all over.
Not sure there’d be enough interest, but it’s pertinent to the Leafs backfilling the prospect ranks, and interesting stuff. Thx.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
What are the marlies lines looking like right now? I’ve got:

Steeves - Minten - Grebyonkin

Abruzzese - Quillan - Tverberg

Hirvonen - Pare - Voit

Clifford - Kressler - X

Webber - Niemala

Mermis - Myers

Kokkonen - Villeneuve

Chadwick/Mattinen/Rifai

Murray/Hidelby/Akhtiamov

Reactions: arso40 and uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Hirvonen - Pare - Voit

Clifford - Kressler - X

Webber - Niemala

Mermis - Myers

Kokkonen - Villeneuve

Chadwick/Mattinen/Rifai

Murray/Hidelby/Akhtiamov
You're missing Logan Shaw up front and Clifford is a UFA yet to re-sign

Additional Marlies contracts (most will be down with Cincy, but some other options)

F: Matthew Barbolini, Jacob Frasca, Mathieu Gosselin, Marko Sikic

D: Matt Anderson, Jacob Bengtsson, Chas Sharpe

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You're missing Logan Shaw up front and Clifford is a UFA yet to re-sign

Additional Marlies contracts (most will be down with Cincy, but some other options)

F: Matthew Barbolini, Jacob Frasca, Mathieu Gosselin, Marko Sikic

D: Matt Anderson, Jacob Bengtsson, Chas Sharpe

I'd bet that Lisowsky will be signed to AHL deal as well, considering he's at dev camp right now... seems like there's still a decent relationship there. We'll see. But overall they are likely going to add a few more bodies in there.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

It's been less than a week since Ben Danford was drafted by the Maple Leafs in the 1st round of the 2024 NHL Entry Draft and he's already on the ice at Ford Performance Centre in Toronto.​

Danford is taking part in his first ever Maple Leafs Development Camp with a slew of other exciting young prospects, including 2023 1st round pick Easton Cowan and 2022 2nd round pick Fraser Minten.
The 31st overall pick in this year's draft, Danford is looking to put his best foot forward in his first taste of on-ice action with his favourite NHL team.

Clark confirmed that when the Leafs saw an opportunity to trade down and still land the Madoc, Ontario native in the 1st round and pick up and additional draft pick, they were elated. Clark also revealed that even though many scouts had Danford slated to go in the 2nd round, the Leafs were not about to trade down a second time and chance missing him. He was their guy from day one.

Danford, a 6'2, near 200-pound right-shot defenseman, is downright "mean", as Daily Faceoff's Hunter Crowther refereed to him after the draft. Sounds like the Leafs have a future star defenseman on their hands.

1720056924234.png

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Hirvonen - Pare - Voit

Clifford - Kressler - X

Webber - Niemala

Mermis - Myers

Kokkonen - Villeneuve

Chadwick/Mattinen/Rifai

Murray/Hidelby/Akhtiamov

How did we manage to not keep Kieffer Bellows after spending a year on that reclamation?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Holmberg has never started the season as a Leaf.
Is he still waivers eligible?

If yes, and if TREE signs a PTO that makes the team he could again be vulnerable.

Also I do not see many scenarios where Timmins makes the Leafs out of camp.
If there is an injury or trade only.

He is firmly #8 and although I am not sure if he clears waivers with Dubas out there,
I don't think he will be a Leaf.
Hopefully a Marlie.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How did we manage to not keep Kieffer Bellows after spending a year on that reclamation?

If we wanted to keep him, we would have kept him. They didn't see enough to warrant extending him. He's a nice AHL piece, but not a NHL piece, so better to move on. That's how projects work...or don't. Same with Ho Sang.... didn't see enough, good luck somewhere else. Bellows improved some, but really doesn't have NHL level skating. Long stretches of nothing too... I think two stretches of six games with no points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad