Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
CBJ has no room, they have an absolute ton of guys at every position besides goaltending.

I guess they could have tried to sneak him through waivers.

Sprong didn't even get 1M though, tough market.

Neither does Toronto though... right now they have 12 forwards without signing Robertson or any of the youngsters making it.

Nylander is likely AHL bound.

I do think that being around his brother and having him here to try to show him how to be a full-time NHLer will help, but I do think he is likely nothing more than an AHL player, hoping for more though.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I mean it’s an AHL contract. Even with a strong camp he starts down there. If he can show some strong work ethic he can rise quickly though and get an NHL deal Im sure.

Someone brought up Bunting ... others dismissed that however I think people overlook Bunting started in the AHL as a 20 year old. Nylander started in the AHL as an 18 year old.
(Note ... you have to look at DOB, not line-up age. Bunting turned 20 before season started but line-up shows him as 19.)

NHL
Bunting at age 25 -
21 games 10 goals 13 points
PPG: .62 PPG

Nylander at age 25/26 with Columbus
23 games 11 goals 15 points
PPG: .65

If we want to add the 5 Penguin games
28 games 11 goals 15 points
PPG: .54

Makes for an interesting watch, regardless of outcome.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Someone brought up Bunting ... others dismissed that however I think people overlook Bunting started in the AHL as a 20 year old. Nylander started in the AHL as an 18 year old.
(Note ... you have to look at DOB, not line-up age. Bunting turned 20 before season started but line-up shows him as 19.)

NHL
Bunting at age 25 -

The Bunting signing was also met with quite a bit of skepticism here when it happened.

I think the lesson here is late bloomers just shake out differently. Fingers crossed Alex is one of them

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
So I guess there is no way of watching Cowen and Chadwick at the WJC summer showcase ?
i had a chance to take in the showcase practice this aft .cowan looks like cowan ,even in drill does everything high paced .
looks bigger than 170lbs.
chadwick showed real well .moves well for a big kid and didnt have much trouble with quality forwards in drills .he moves the puck fast.

horner

May 22, 2007
i had a chance to take in the showcase practice this aft .cowan looks like cowan ,even in drill does everything high paced .
looks bigger than 170lbs.
chadwick showed real well .moves well for a big kid and didnt have much trouble with quality forwards in drills .he moves the puck fast.
It's really sad that there are hockey fans dying to watch their prospects and they have been shut unless you want to pay a fee to stream the games.

This is called growing the games

Football Baseball and Basketball it would be free
Basketball just had there prospect games on for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

NHL
Bunting at age 25 -

I think he’s something like a Bunting and a Bobby McMann.

Just kinda wish we had held onto Kieffer Bellows as well. Same draft class. Same untapped scoring potential.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The next Chara ??

Screenshot_2024-08-02-09-27-08~2.png

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Be interested to know his biographical details.

Has he graduated high school, or does he have schooling yet to complete.

16 is young and with everything else going on ...

250 lb.

What's intriguing about this is Karmanov's size, as he stands 7-feet tall while weighing in at 250 pounds, and while hockey seems to be gearing itself more towards speed and skill, having someone of this size on the ice will be a massive difference maker. Across three competitions (two U16 and one U18) this season, Karmanov has shown that his size can be used to a major advantage, tallying an impressive nine points across 18 games.
It's unclear if the size will translate into success in college, but it remains an intriguing and understandable move for Penn State, as he will be a player covered widely when he eventually arrives in North America.​

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Maple Leafs Sign Ben Danford To Entry-Level Contract

August 2, 2024 at 9:03 am CDT | by Josh Erickson

The Maple Leafs have signed 2024 first-round pick Ben Danford to his entry-level contract, according to a team press release. It’s a standard three-year ELC, and PuckPedia later reported the full structure of the
deal, which carries a cap hit of $964K:

Year 1: $862K base salary, $95K signing bonus
Year 2: $864K base salary, $96K SB
Year 3: $877.5K base salary, $97.5K SB

Danford, 18, was the 31st overall pick in June’s draft, which the Leafs acquired in a draft-day swap with the Ducks. The 6’1″, 190-lb defenseman is coming off his second season in juniors with the Ontario Hockey League’s Oshawa Generals, where he served as an alternate captain. In 64 regular season OHL games, the agile stay-at-home defender scored just once but recorded 32 assists for 33 points, finishing third among Gens blue-liners in scoring. His +27 rating was one short of the team lead for defenders, trailing Luca Marrelli, who was selected two rounds later by the Blue Jackets.

Danford had a strong finish to the season on both sides of the puck, breaking out for four goals and six assists in 21 playoff games as Oshawa advanced to the OHL final, where they were swept by the London Knights. Still, he was drafted earlier than expected, with most (including TSN’s Bob McKenzie’s polling of NHL scouts) projecting him as a mid-to-late second-round pick.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

Maple Leafs Sign Ben Danford To Entry-Level Contract

August 2, 2024 at 9:03 am CDT | by Josh Erickson

The Maple Leafs have signed 2024 first-round pick Ben Danford to his entry-level contract, according to a team press release. It’s a standard three-year ELC, and PuckPedia later reported the full structure of the
deal, which carries a cap hit of $964K:

Year 1: $862K base salary, $95K signing bonus
Year 2: $864K base salary, $96K SB
Year 3: $877.5K base salary, $97.5K SB

Danford, 18, was the 31st overall pick in June’s draft, which the Leafs acquired in a draft-day swap with the Ducks. The 6’1″, 190-lb defenseman is coming off his second season in juniors with the Ontario Hockey League’s Oshawa Generals, where he served as an alternate captain. In 64 regular season OHL games, the agile stay-at-home defender scored just once but recorded 32 assists for 33 points, finishing third among Gens blue-liners in scoring. His +27 rating was one short of the team lead for defenders, trailing Luca Marrelli, who was selected two rounds later by the Blue Jackets.

Danford had a strong finish to the season on both sides of the puck, breaking out for four goals and six assists in 21 playoff games as Oshawa advanced to the OHL final, where they were swept by the London Knights. Still, he was drafted earlier than expected, with most (including TSN’s Bob McKenzie’s polling of NHL scouts) projecting him as a mid-to-late second-round pick.

I wasn't as excited over Cowan when he was drafted as I am this guy.

That was before Cowan exploded last year. And my excitement over Danford is a direct result of Cowan's success. Danford checks every box Leafs fans like me were hoping for in a player this year.

The last time I was this excited over a prospect was Lilybust.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wasn't as excited over Cowan when he was drafted as I am this guy.

That was before Cowan exploded last year. And my excitement over Danford is a direct result of Cowan's success. Danford checks every box Leafs fans like me were hoping for in a player this year.

The last time I was this excited over a prospect was Lilybust.
Think of the long term benefits of growing their own Dmen and prospects for your future NHL team.

Instead of trading away draft pick for rental players at the TD that have short-term gain and long term pain..

When you have a lot of highend talent on big contracts these types of drafted and developed coming in on ELC contracts to offset contracts in a Cap World.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad