Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Brooks has scoresand Engvall has added a couple of assists.

Engvall is up to 6 points in his last 6 games now - signs of breaking out now that he's playing with some skilled players? He was sunk on the bottom lines with the sluggish vets earlier in the year, right?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Engvall is up to 6 points in his last 6 games now - signs of breaking out now that he's playing with some skilled players? He was sunk on the bottom lines with the sluggish vets earlier in the year, right?

The 4th line has always been a black hole offensively, and usually the team is okay with it. This year, they are not meeting their defensive expectations though.

Engvall is ready to play up full time, but he's not ready for the NHL. Problem is not enough room for him.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
What’s happened to Borgman? Has he been injured?

I thought he was pretty solid with the Leafs last season

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
For some strange reason, there is one poster on this forum that wishes to pin them against each other.

Doesn't really make sense to me. I think most of us would like to see the both of them succeed.

I other thing I see is that some folks are saying "Trade Liljegren, since Sandin has is now a better prospect". A team needs six or seventh competent NHL Dman. Leafs and their fans should hope Lily and Sandin are two NHLers...and cost efficient NHLers for the next few years.

Reactions: hockeynorth

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I'm not sure it says anything negative about the medical staff. Between the medical staff and Liljegren you get some skates in and decide to give it a shot in a game, there is no way to 100% tell until you've played in a full blown, full paced game. High ankle sprains are an absolutely awful injury, in a lot of cases it's better to break your ankle.

You already they weren’t 100% about it given it was a Growlers game and not a Marlies game. Shit happens

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

Keefe has talked about using the 3rd and 4th line to teach offensive reminded guys the other side of the game.

Wonder if he wanted to teach Engval a bit more of the defensive game. If he can be devoted like Kap, playing PK and continuing to get to better positionaly, he could be a real interesting guy.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Injured until recently. I think he played the past couple of games, but missed the majority before that with a concussion.

He's not been a great defenseman with the Marlies. Some team is going to give us something to give him a shot in the NHL again, but he's been bad for the most part in the AHL.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Concussion.

Dubas brought up Borgman as a player when talking about prospects and NHL ready players. I'm not sure I see much in Borgman but he could accept being a #7-8 defenseman going into next season.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Broadcast confirmed Liljegren reinjured his ankle last night. I really think he is going to struggle with this injury all season, which really sucks. Might even be a lost season for him, high ankle sprains are the worst

Up 4-1 and only getting one point is unacceptable

Bracco is PPG
Grundstrom is 7th in rookie scoring
Rosen leads the league with most points for a Dman

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
We all no Hunter's 16-17 drafts were heavy on overagers, Europeans, and defenders, which had the side effect of leaving somewhat bare spot in our pool in the 98-99 Forward bracket. With only McGregor, Joshua, and Dzierkals vying for ELC's and pro spots this off season what do you guys think of backfilling with one or more of Brazeau/Hancock/Howdeshell?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Trade bait
:sarcasm:

if he keeps his scoring up he will be great trade bait. He is 6th in line in terms of RWs on the leafs system (Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Grundstom) but good enough to be in demand, if we get a dman with term id wager bracco is part of the package.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
We all no Hunter's 16-17 drafts were heavy on overagers, Europeans, and defenders, which had the side effect of leaving somewhat bare spot in our pool in the 98-99 Forward bracket. With only McGregor, Joshua, and Dzierkals vying for ELC's and pro spots this off season what do you guys think of backfilling with one or more of Brazeau/Hancock/Howdeshell?
I’d be quite happy with Brazeau, maybe Felhaber too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad