Mario captain, Iggy, Niedermayer, Sakic, Foote "A's

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
1LS9 said:
C'mon! Give Sakic the "C". He won the gold medal for Canada for pete's sakes!

Sakic was the star but don't discredit the rest of the team. Besides, captaincy has nothing to do with being the BEST player.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Garfield said:
I totally agree that the officiating is horrid in Europe.

But we should be just as worried about Thornton, Jovanovski, Maltby, Doan, Smyth, Foote, Regehr etc.....

Anyone that plays a physical style is in the same boat IMO.

Regardless of the officiating in Europe, that has nothing to do with World Cup officiating. The World Cup of Hockey Tournament will uses NHL officials, both in North America and in Europe.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
bling said:
Regardless of the officiating in Europe, that has nothing to do with World Cup officiating. The World Cup of Hockey Tournament will uses NHL officials, both in North America and in Europe.

That's a relief.

Verbal Kint*

19bruins19 said:
The thing is, Sakic really deserves it in my opinion. It's time that Lemiuex shouldn't be the captain anymore.
Captaincy is not solely about performance, Lemieux is by far the most qualified player to be in the leader's role.

Abitbol

le plus classe
Mar 29, 2002
img186.imageshack.us
Maple Leafs Forever said:
Captaincy is not solely about performance, Lemieux is by far the most qualified player to be in the leader's role.
Agreed!

Plus, it's probably is last shot at an international tourney!
We know he is a great leader, and I'm pretty sure that every player on that team, (Sakic included) are happy with those nomination.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I like this decision wouldn't have done it different, i like the fact that they made so many A's, i really wanted iggy to get but sakic desevers it more and i thought that they could have only 2 A's but this way iggy gets it as well as foote who is another excellent choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad