Marc Bergevin - More Excuses Needed... Edition Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Just a few posts above you got someone claiming that Dale Weise would have catapulted the Habs into the playoffs had he played instead of Jonathan Drouin.

There's nothing wrong with being critical...the problem is it's rare to find someone who is critical.

Almost every discussion dives into hyperbole and grand standing.

Have to point out the interesting oxymoron here.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
The mood here was overwhelmingly positive when Weise was brought back.

Was it? I seem to recall it being along the lines of " welcome back, nothing is going to happen" It was a stupid move just like many of marcs moves. Trading 4th line players for other 4th liners and it was a 50/50 split between the Playoff hopefuls and the realist(MB h8ters, fake fans etc)

Perhaps am I remembering incorrectly... :dunno:

Marcs so good .... he is amazing. :heart:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve thought about this scenario, if he turned into a houle or bergy I’d be screwed.

I've listened to enough of Damp House's takes on AC to know that he'd be a Reggie Houle if afforded a position of high responsibility like that of a GM.

Plus, if he's such a good candidate, why doesn't he do his classes like everyone else and go manage an AHL team rather than pontificate from a blue seat on AC.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I like MB as GM, i think he did a good job so far and i'm not a Montreal Canadiens employee

Habs will be a 100 pts team next year and will make the playoffs, you heard it here first
bubble teams do that once in a while.

you have VERY low standards though, low enough one has to wonder how much of a fan you are.

Happy with the GM cause they may make the PO for the 2nd time in the last 5 years... :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I've listened to enough of Damp House's takes on AC to know that he'd be a Reggie Houle if afforded a position of high responsibility like that of a GM.

Plus, if he's such a good candidate, why doesn't he do his classes like everyone else and go manage an AHL team rather than pontificate from a blue seat on AC.

An inflexible, bloated ego is superior to expertise gained by by experience, self-evaluation and hard work. Molson loves these guys apparantly. As long as he does the hiring, the Habs will be mired in mediocrity.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
An inflexible, bloated ego is superior to expertise gained by by experience, self-evaluation and hard work. Molson loves these guys apparantly. As long as he does the hiring, the Habs will be mired in mediocrity.

Molson and his ownership group can't even admit or recognize that Geoff is over his head as a cameo hockey man.

Go cut ribbons Geoff, sell condos and try the marijuana that will go into your next beer project, but please, leave hockey decisions to real hockey people. Ya putz.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Just a few posts above you got someone claiming that Dale Weise would have catapulted the Habs into the playoffs had he played instead of Jonathan Drouin.

There's nothing wrong with being critical...the problem is it's rare to find someone who is critical.

Almost every discussion dives into hyperbole and grand standing.
So what type of discussions would you like to read here?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So what type of discussions would you like to read here?
Yeah...i'm not touching that one.

Anyone and everyone is entitled to discuss whatever they want here within the rules.

The discussions I find interesting, I participate in, those I don't...I refrain from doing so.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yeah...i'm not touching that one.

Anyone and everyone is entitled to discuss whatever they want here within the rules.

The discussions I find interesting, I participate in, those I don't...I refrain from doing so.

A community of people, all with different interests and opinions. HF habs.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Damphousse for Gm.

Yeah, let's hire another familiar face/name with absolutely zero skills or experience for the job.
That worked so well in the last 25 years cause that's precisely what they've been doing.

Damphousse, Quintal, Roy…..all names and faces that could please a lot of fans even if they are not even close from being qualified for the job. Let's not make that mistake again if Bergevin lose his job.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Bergevin’s relevant moves since June 2018

Acquired:
  • Domi
  • Tatar
  • Suzuki
  • Armia
  • Kulak
  • Weal
  • Thompson
  • Folin
  • Weise (will be bought out soon)
  • Mason (bought out)
  • CBJ’s 2019 2nd
  • LAK’s 2019 5th
  • WPG’s 2019 7th
  • WPG’s 2020 4th
Gave up:

• Pacioretty
  • Galchenyuk
  • Simon Bourque
  • Taormina
  • Valiev
  • Chaput
  • Schlemko
  • Froese
  • MTL’s 2019 4th
Great year for Bergevin. Let’s see if it continues.

Reactions: jaffy27

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
So you like to be an hockey masochistic fan, fascinating :D

Constant hammering on the same nail for 3-4 years long look to me like a masochistic-ely masochiste behavior too as far as i'm concern......., for some it's 5-6 years of hitting that nail cuz even when we had a team finishing in the top 10 or better the same people where crapping on Desharnais Therrien and MB.

I feel for you mon douahmed, remember this

HABS WILL BE A 100 pts team next year and will make the playoffs, and those same people will still crap on management........that's masochisme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad