Marc Bergevin is an awful human being and a worse GM

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Or......that he realizes the ebbs/flows ins and outs of professional hockey, after being involved and around it for more than 40 plus years, and has access to information that we don't have....

But that's too much to ask of this board, so let's go right back to bitching and whining....and here we go

Ebbs and flows?

The meaning of ebbs and flows is

“to describe something that changes in a regular and repeated way”

The Kings have yet to win a playoff series in seven seasons of Blake’s leadership, and the two best players in 2024 are still the same ones as when he took over in 2017, Doughty drafted in 2008 by DL and Kopi drafted in 2005 by Taylor.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
lol

The Kings cared about the drug use/abuse of Mike Richards only after he couldn't play anymore, and that was only after DL was trying to figure out a way out of his contract. And, of course, DL invited Voynov back to practice(and got fined for it), after he beat his girlfriend, which was after the league told them that Voynov couldn't participate with the team while they figured out how to punish him.

The rot started long before Bergevin, Blake, or Robitaille.
I dont think thats a fair characterization of either situation but pop off

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ebbs and flows?

The Kings have yet to win a playoff series in seven seasons of Blake’s leadership, and the two best players in 2024 are still the same ones as when he took over in 2017, Doughty drafted in 2008 by DL and Kopi drafted in 2005 by Taylor.
Haven't you heard of the decade-long ebb?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ebbs and flows?

Ebbs and flows....cycles,

Tell me how the cup winners from 2008-2014 are doing, ...most of them are down in the shitter...right? new crop coming up....how about 97-98-99-00 etc, great teams......went into the shitter, two are back, one hasn't come close to being back, and one keeps kicking thsemselves in the nuts,

So yea....ebbs and flows.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I honestly can’t tell if Jim is taking a shot at the fan or Blake.
I think Fox is more taking a shot at Blake implying he’s not focusing on the team or calling the shots.

He wouldn’t have alluded to golfing imo. Seems to be a shot tbh

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Fox should have been gone years ago. Not a fan. We were spoiled by one of the best for 40 years. I also like Nickson. However hearing Fox talk about wine etc, combine with his homerism and other dribble I could do without
I would like new blood

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

It’s an old article but feels relevant to bring up after the Edmundson signing. Bergevin deserves your scorn as much as Blake does, if not more so. Just a shitty person who probably should’ve been banned from the league along with Q and the others. He’s infecting this franchise and destroying any semblance of a winning culture we had left.

And remember, Luc hired this guy even knowing about the Logan Mailloux debacle and all the other sordid shit Bergevin been involved in. Says a lot about the kind of person Luc is too.

And yes, I know he’s not our GM…yet. But Blake is feckless and easily persuadable so Bergevin is probably Wormtongue-ing RB’s ear for every decision. Once Blake is gone you know Luc will give his buddy the job. And AEG won’t care.
Habs fan here.................Bergevin was an absolute arrogant POS during his 10 years in Montreal.
Absolutely brutal performance, and wasted Price's career with building a terrible hockey team out in front of an excellent goalie.

His hiring in LA was bizzarre.

Reactions: Omni Owl

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Habs fan here.................Bergevin was an absolute arrogant POS during his 10 years in Montreal.
Absolutely brutal performance, and wasted Price's career with building a terrible hockey team out in front of an excellent goalie.

His hiring in LA was bizzarre.
Too bad we dont have Canadienor New York media covering Kings daily and would get in management's face and calling them out daily for these bad moves that everyone that is not tied to Kings can see. This management group might be gone might and with it this 1990s building a team philosophy.

Reactions: BLONG7

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
What do you think Bergevin makes per year? It’s got to be no less than $500k per year. What does he do for that kind of money? Seems like it’s just for advice. I doubt he has any actual responsibility.

So if he’s been giving advice at that rate for a couple of years, where is the success? What benefit has he brought to the organization? Think about how many employees make far less and work far more.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What makes Bergevin an awful human being?
The article in the opening part of the thread talks about his questionable hires, and who he has associated with etc
The Mailloux pick was a disaster waiting to happen, the kid had said do not draft me........he had been charged over in Europe, and said he did not deserve to be drafted, and yet Bergevin at the disgust of many women in Montreal, drafted the kid anyhow..............seems the list is long.

Not to mention the guy is an absolute jerk! lol

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What do you think Bergevin makes per year? It’s got to be no less than $500k per year. What does he do for that kind of money? Seems like it’s just for advice. I doubt he has any actual responsibility.

So if he’s been giving advice at that rate for a couple of years, where is the success? What benefit has he brought to the organization? Think about how many employees make far less and work far more.

If you think Bergergin is making 500K a year......I'd be extremely surprised.....

• Wow

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The article in the opening part of the thread talks about his questionable hires, and who he has associated with etc
The Mailloux pick was a disaster waiting to happen, the kid had said do not draft me........he had been charged over in Europe, and said he did not deserve to be drafted, and yet Bergevin at the disgust of many women in Montreal, drafted the kid anyhow..............seems the list is long.

Not to mention the guy is an absolute jerk! lol

The Mailloux thing is the only questionable one in the article, the rest looks like a hit piece. I mean Jesus, bringing up Sean Burke’s DV charge from 1997? Both he and his wife plead guilty, and then he went on to play another ten years in the league including with the Kings. Weird hill to die on. I read the article, I just don’t see how that means he is an awful human being.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind cleaning house on the entire front office, I just don’t think we need to make it personal without justification.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Mailloux thing is the only questionable one in the article, the rest looks like a hit piece. I mean Jesus, bringing up Sean Burke’s DV charge from 1997? Both he and his wife plead guilty, and then he went on to play another ten years in the league including with the Kings. Weird hill to die on. I read the article, I just don’t see how that means he is an awful human being.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind cleaning house on the entire front office, I just don’t think we need to make it personal without justification.
Absolutely agree.............
Trust me you don't want him around too long. Nothing good can come from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad