Not open for further replies.

member 256847

Please stop the fight.

24bvo7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He isn't looking at the Rangers at all. Flames have scouts for Montreal and Nashville. Something could definitely be cooking between Montreal and Calgary.

Nah we get this every single year towards TDL.
The build-up and speculation is far more entertaining than the deadline itself.

Scouts are all over the place at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hate to say it, but I am certain he will be with us to start next season.

Hopefully I am wrong and I think it will depend on what happens at the TDL. If there are almost no moves, other than the obvious one with Plekanec, it may be possible ownership restricted Bergevin’s power.

Even then, that won’t say much. I think he only gets fired for certain if he does something like trading Galchenyuk for a pending-UFA like Nash, keeping Plekanec and boldly claim we are going for it.

Even if he ends up staying another year, his minions need a performance review and be replaced accordingly. How can they all have jobs 6 years into this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey - I'm also in NYC. Sitting in a Starbucks on 86th and Columbus right now. Should call Bergevin to go for a latte.

And thus, the story of MB working the phones the most will carry on.

If it's about a latte at Starbucks, it's more likely to be a story about working the foam.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Eller gets 5 year extension in DC. I don't like the contract and MB made a good move getting rid of him but to bring in shawzy, lmao

I liked the Eller trade in isolation. But no, he had to give in to his Chicago nostalgia and overpay and overterm a player they didn't need. And who is concussion prone.

Reactions: Pickles

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
In Bergevin's defense, I thought he did well at the trade deadline last time the Habs were out of it in 2016.

Dale Weise & Tomas Fleischmann
for
Philip Danault & 2018 2nd round pick

If he can pull off a couple more moves like this, I would be content

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
The return of the prodigious son. We need a 1st line center for the next season ... :sarcasm:
You do know he would be our best C (Chucky doesn't count as he will never play C again while MB is still here) offensively if he comes back? Yeah, we suck that much...

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Go for it!! Please, do not buy any purple pants while in the Big Apple.
If you do get him, please feel free to bring up, his disasterous summer of 2017
Now imagine the statement he would make by buying purple pants with apple on them !!! Take that stanley cup winner.... you have the cup we would have the style

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
In Bergevin's defense, I thought he did well at the trade deadline last time the Habs were out of it in 2016.

Dale Weise & Tomas Fleischmann
for
Philip Danault & 2018 2nd round pick

If he can pull off a couple more moves like this, I would be content

The problem is not moves like these in isolation.

The problem is when all he does is moves like these and you end up with a team full of Danaults and Shaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad