Maple Leafs used to bring a DJ at practice under Sheldon Keefe.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He also talked about the 2021 playoffs when the Toronto - Montréal series was 3-1, that Alex Galchenyuk was dancing on the ice almost giving a show at practice because the music was good.
This is some hard hitting journalism right here. Also sounds like something the high school gossip would say.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Music at practice I can see but having a live DJ is tacky as hell lol. Wish I could have seen the look on Berube's face getting on the ice to some Zoomer pop music.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not a huge deal, but it does say something about workplace culture, I guess.

Personally, my mentality is that you go to work to work. If you're productive and do a little bit of socializing or have some fun, so be it. But the focus should be getting the job done.

That said, they're going to miss out on some catchy Sabrina Carpenter shit now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not a huge deal, but it does say something about workplace culture, I guess.

Personally, my mentality is that you go to work to work. If you're productive and do a little bit of socializing or have some fun, so be it. But the focus should be getting the job done.

That said, they're going to miss out on some catchy Sabrina Carpenter shit now.
I think it depends on how distracting it was for the coaches to get their message across. If it's more like "background noise" when they're running drills, then not a big deal. Kind of like playing your favorite play list when you go to the gym to work out.

Reactions: DitchMarner

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Berube didn't bother to check with Mitch and the God's of Toronto before scrapping Beiber hour ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Nico and Jesper are going to love their new coach...

nico-hischier.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Zero chance Keefe wanted music at his practices. No coach would. Just shows how limited the control was he had on the group. Berube appears to have the hammer that Keene was never given. Leafs need a good start or the drama will be soap opera level.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Nico and Jesper are going to love their new coach...

nico-hischier.gif

This. As mild as this is as a news story, it seems even milder to come out during this year’s camps and the entire focus is ‘Leafs did this under old coach and Leafs don’t now under new coach’ - but no mention whatsoever if that coach who is now helming a new team brought that approach with him there?

As fluff of a story as it is, It feels like incomplete fluff to not have any follow up on whether this is still a Keefe thing in NJ. If we’re gonna get fluff; at least make it the full serving.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad