Speculation: Mantha/AA

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
My position on it is really not that they shouldn't have said that stuff, period, but rather that they had no business telling the media. It should have been an internal thing.

I understand your position. I've heard far worse stuffs and didnt really think or dwell on it but if things were made public with all the media, it might have been bit different.

But, this is just my wild theory, I think Holland and Jimmy D kinda said it strategically. Think about it, why would Holland and Jimmy D want to 'sabotage' Mantha's career as some of you put it? When Scotty Bowmen criticized Shanny and others in public, you think he just blurted it out in the heat of the moment?

I'm not saying they orchestrated this days and nights but I would give a benefit of the doubt that they knew what they were doing. They are definitely smarter than some of you give credit for. The reason why I'm saying this is, if I were in their position, and had I made those comments, I would have made those comments in hopes that ultimately Mantha gets better from it. My team is in dire need of talent, which I think days and nights about it and yeah I'm totally going to throw a highly touted prospect under the bus because who cares? Nope.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Of course, Mantha had to score 2 goals tonight :laugh:

Good for him and good for Griffins. Hopefully he can keep this up.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Of course, Mantha had to score 2 goals tonight :laugh:

Good for him and good for Griffins. Hopefully he can keep this up.

I suspect that moving forward, we will see relatively more prospect development at the NHL level. It was clear that Mantha still had some development ahead of him when he was called up. Notwithstanding his rough edges, he still showed a lot of talent and poise and made a meaningful contribution in several games when more senior players were not. Anyway you look at it, the Wings roster is getting easier to crack. Such is life with a team in decline.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I suspect that moving forward, we will see relatively more prospect development at the NHL level. It was clear that Mantha still had some development ahead of him when he was called up. Notwithstanding his rough edges, he still showed a lot of talent and poise and made a meaningful contribution in several games when more senior players were not. Anyway you look at it, the Wings roster is getting easier to crack. Such is life with a team in decline.

Maybe that will be the case. Maybe not. we will see how summer turns out to be. As of yet, it's kinda unclear exactly which direction this team is going. (didnt watch the whole KH presser)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad