Manny Malhotra signs PTO with Monsters -- maybe Hejda too?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
There's a reason he's on an AHL PTO despite being a free agent for the past five months. I wish him the best, but to think he'll be in the NHL lineup is wishful thinking.

The best 690 players in North America are not necessarily in the NHL. Sometimes a guy has a one way contract (look at Boll for example) and has lucked into a job.

You probably are right, Manny after his accident is not the same Manny we saw here. But who knows with as many injuries as there are in the NHL (and especially the CBJ) it's nice to have some experienced depth.

Additionally Manny is a good guy, he was loved by his team mates here, so could be a great influence on the kids.

Maybe we will see him for a game or two at some point, but as long as he contributes and is positive I think he'll be a great influence on the future jackets.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
getting the band back together?

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 48s48 seconds ago
Told D Jan Hejda is close to signing a PTO w @monstershockey

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I wasn't a CBJ fan when Malhotra was here. I follow the CBJ and Montreal and Manny didn't have it last year with Montreal. Good on faceoffs, not much else.

He may have sentimental value, but that's about it. If he gets his 1000 NHL games, it's only because the FO will have waved the white flag on the season.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Could it be the case of emulating FC Barcelona model where the B team in lower level gets veteran aid to help groom the youngsters. If needed the veterans could also be rewarded with call-ups.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Now you'd presume we'd sign the best available talent, but does anyone think having our AHL team in Cleveland may have some influence or is this just an odd coincidence? A couple added bonus points for names Monsters fans may recognize?

Hejda and Malhotra are solid vets and great for the room no doubt.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Now you'd presume we'd sign the best available talent, but does anyone think having our AHL team in Cleveland may have some influence or is this just an odd coincidence? A couple added bonus points for names Monsters fans may recognize?

Hejda and Malhotra are solid vets and great for the room no doubt.

Interesting point. It does, in its way, solidify the CBJ/LE connection. Probably more internally than from an attendance standpoint.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hejda could actually be a somewhat stabilizing influence. I admit, however, I didn't watch him much the last couple of seasons.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
getting the band back together?

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 48s48 seconds ago
Told D Jan Hejda is close to signing a PTO w @monstershockey

omg omg omg omg OMG OMG OMG omg omg ohplease ohplease ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseyesplease omg
snoopy-dance.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad