Roster Moves: Manning (3-to-4 weeks), Neuvirth (7-to-10 days) placed on IR; TJ Brennan and Alex Lyon recalled

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm actually praying Brennan plays, I'm really interested to see how Hakstol responds to that type of play. He's super offensive, but old.

I'm sure it'll be a conundrum for that invalid.

"He's a vet ... but not reliable ... "

this_does_not_compute_gif_by_cliopadra13kaassis-d5zn5su.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Both of them had the sniffles, and when Hakstok drove them to the Veterans Hospital, they took a turn for the worse. Well, that's what happened with Neuvy. Dan drove Mandog to the Veterinarian Hospital and they found worms, so he has to be quarantined.

I just want to see if Manning's injury is serious enough for him to have to wear the cone of shame to keep from licking it.

Dug-I-Do-Not-Like-The-Cone-of-Shame-Up-2009.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Neuvirth is a p***y.

Alt is better than Manning.

Morin and Myers injury issues are hilarious at this point. Theres no other way to describe it.

Murphy's Law is having its way with this team.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Neuvirth is a *****.

Alt is better than Manning.

Morin and Myers injury issues are hilarious at this point. Theres no other way to describe it.

Murphy's Law is having its way with this team.

Eh...if Morin was up like he should have been to start the season he probably wouldn't be unavailable right now. It's not just Murphy's law, it was also poor execution of our coach and GM that put us in a position where we don't even have an option to replace a guy who should not be an NHL player on our team to begin with

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Myers and Morin can't stay healthy, Sanheim suffers the plight of inexperience, Gostisbehere and Gudas do not get properly valued by the org. So we're left with:

Provorov-MacDonald
Gostisbehere-Hagg
Manning-Gudas

Kill me

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Myers and Morin can't stay healthy, Sanheim suffers the plight of inexperience, Gostisbehere and Gudas do not get properly valued by the org. So we're left with:

Provorov-MacDonald
Gostisbehere-Hagg
Manning-Gudas

Kill me
Ghost is actually fairing pretty well this year..

Averaging 21:15 per game.

So at least that's a tiny sliver of hope for the other guys. There's at least one young(ish) skill player who isn't being punished and severely underused.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is Alt earning himself another contract do you think?

He might be fine as an emergency 7th next year behind Provorov, Gudas, Ghost, Sanheim, Hagg, MacDonald, and Morin (who is no longer waiver exempt as you know im sure). If one of them goes down Alt comes up to be the 7th.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Is Alt earning himself another contract do you think?

Depends - if VdV hand over the blackmail he has on Hakstol, it's quite possible. He doesn't need it anymore and lord knows Manning and Andy are keeping theirs until they can retire.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He might be fine as an emergency 7th next year behind Provorov, Gudas, Ghost, Sanheim, Hagg, MacDonald, and Morin (who is no longer waiver exempt as you know im sure). If one of them goes down Alt comes up to be the 7th.
I'd take him as a #7 over Manning, easily.

At least they might actually use the #7 as a #7 then...

Reactions: Rebels57

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Ghost is actually fairing pretty well this year..

Averaging 21:15 per game.

So at least that's a tiny sliver of hope for the other guys. There's at least one young(ish) skill player who isn't being punished and severely underused.

Should be getting more 5v5 time

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Should be getting more 5v5 time
His EV TOI/GO is second behind Provorov. I have no issue with him getting a lot of PP time at the expense of a little even strength time. Last thing we want is for him to get worn down by playing too much.

Sanheim is the one who needs more time, since they refuse to use him on the PP. And Gudas was being super underused too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I ask because my thinking was that he might not be offered a contract at all, but now with him being re-called a bunch of times, his value to Hextall could be higher than it was. Having that AHL guy to come up an sit...and play if needed.

With this year being a bad year for us losing depth on D due to injuries and suspension, Hextall sees how quickly depth can evaporate.

I feel bad for Morin....always hurt when an opportunity arises this year yet was healthy the past few years.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's interesting to look at Provorov and Ghost's special teams time. Ghost has 90:48 on the PP, Provorov has 90:31 on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad