Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Engloland

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Tuchel may be just as cynical as Southgate, but he is a much better tactician. Curious to see how he does with a NT because I felt like he was always bad at assessing talent and many of the guys he'd bang the drum for where some of the worst buys his clubs would make...whether at Dortmund, PSG, or Chelsea...

So I wonder if team selection will be a problem for Tuchel's england. But this is a serious hire as long as the english press doesn't get to nationalistic about it and TT takes the job seriously. Which I think he will...unlike Capello.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
When you look at the options out there, he is probably the best of the bunch. If Pep was an option (don't think he was) I would have given him whatever he wanted to take the job.

On a personal note, I am saddened that my $5 bet for Carsley to be next permanent manager is a loss.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It's never easy to know how a club manager will transition to NT work, but I'd say the odds of this going extremely well are solid. This is a guy who is really good at cups and whose teams play to the level of their opponents - what you want to win tournaments.

England have a bunch of players who I think could fit Tuchel like a glove, it's hard to even guess what he'll identify as the set-up. Main thoughts off top of head are that:

1. Trent is not his kind of wingback, but very conceivably could be his kind of CM
2. Bellingham likely deeper than he recently has been for England
3. Gallagher and Tuchel is a match made in heaven
4. Colwill and Stones will likely keep being the main CB pairing. If he moves to a three, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tomori
5. Would not shock me to see Pickford dropped
6. Dwight McNeil might finally get an England call-up

If I were an England fan (I'm not), I'd be excited because Tuchel is not the kind of manager to give a shred of a shit over media pressure surrounding selection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad